The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

Kobol. I’m in!

1 Like

CS Mini:

The Behringer engineer Gilles, being mostly done with his work on the Kobol, is on to the recreation of the even rarer Poly Kobol !

Source : Behringer Facebook.

3 Likes

Ive got to say dont these Engineers have the best job in the world :slight_smile:

1 Like

Behringer has more than 400 engineers ( Electrical / Electronic, Software, Mechanical, and Manufacturing ), and are currently hiring more.

Source : Behringer Facebook.

1 Like

I like the name Victor. This of course is the Eurorack version of the ProVS. They are aiming for the same price as Brains – $149 USD.

They have already reved the design, and will have another functioning prototypes end of week, and say they will document that with a video.

Here’s what they say on Facebook about this second design :

Some days ago we showed you the first iteration of the PRO-VS in a Eurorack format. Here is now the front panel draft of Victor, which offers the same 127 original wave tables plus an OLED oscilloscope and with amazing 96 kHz resolution. Our next iteration will replace two connectors with 2 additional VR’s, which you can see from the draft.

3 Likes

I reviewed the brains:

3 Likes

Ugh. This is going to be the final straw that pushes me into Eurorack. Might as well go start my ModularGrid now.

3 Likes

Me too. After Victor Frankenstein of course. I like the humour. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What no MIDI :,-). This actually looks interesting, wonder how they were going to condense all the knobs down. Also outputs from the joystick!

I wondered about MIDI too. There’s an empty space where the USB connector is on Brains. Perhaps they’ll do that. USB is pretty much standard now for firmware upgrades, isn’t it. Otherwise the USB is around the back.

Yeah good on Joystick outs ( and ins).

I think I said something similar upthread but I think B would get a lot less grief if they did more things like this Victor module. Not necessarily doing more eurorack - but creating something that is a little bit different from things that already exist rather just slavishly mining the nostalgia. They’ve still got a way to go with regards to graphic design (still has a bit of a vibe of what teenage boys from 1997 think looks futuristic) but it’s definitely at the top end of their spectrum.

2 Likes

the graphic design on this one, the neutron/proton, and the brains are all an abomination. Definitely looks like the worst late 90s sports gear, and garish boys t shirts of the time. I think that exact kind of font is just marketing shorthand for “you are a man, and you are extreme and intense.” It basically looks like the young blonde demoer guy with the spiky hair designed it all

7 Likes

Thats a great name for the next module release :+1:

2 Likes

Moot. It doesn’t look like that anymore. It’s black with simple blue trim.

All these designs are strawmen to draw comment in design. ( Excuse me for repeating this point. )

2 Likes

But perhaps it wasn’t moot at the time of posting. And if designs are posted here in a thread to discuss their potential releases then it’s only sensible that people comment on what’s posted here… I wouldn’t expect people to have to go searching other parts of the internet on the off chance a further iteration has been published which may make a passing comment out of date.

5 Likes

Agreed. I didn’t comment on delikinesis post’s content, only that the current design has changed.

3 Likes

I commented on their design saying all the same things i said here, and then they changed it back to the pro vs blue when someone sent in that mock-up. Much nicer, I’d grab one

1 Like

Highly subjective. I like this design. Whats important is it comes to fruition.

2 Likes

The new design is really nice. Certain looks have their associations and I really prefer simple ones that don’t recall extreme sportswear

2 Likes