The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

The few i know of beside the Pro VS and Victor.

AKS Mini
CS Mini
Hiro Tribe Mini
JT-4000 Micro
Model D Mini
Saturn Mini

Pretty sure these are all GIP, not just whims.

Not impossible that some of these become Eurorack version as well like the Victor.

1 Like

Noice !

ADDED : This is #2 of the four “July” shipping products. The Pro VS Mini was # 1. Two to go !

They also announced a recreation of the Mutron Mutator as GIP.

And … they are testing reaction for a Stereo Eurorack Audio <-> USB C interface, they’ve called the CU1A.

ADDED :

1 Like

This would be a welcomed addition if you could use it with an iPad.

I was wondering about the video trick. Was that a sneaky tease ?

2 Likes

Hastily built stage prop, IMO. Looks unfinished. (Insert Behringer joke here)

Can’t imagine they won’t do a full version, though.

1 Like

So for some video wizard, please explain how that video trick was done.

It may be a paper prop, or an animated video image, but that still could be an image of the current status of their Prophet VS. The digital and analog work done for the Mini would also be useful on a full sized version as well. It’s a provocative idea from SynthAnatomy.

Need a OP-1 clone from Behringer

6 Likes

Not sure I understand your question. But, I am no expert and was just speculating.

And Behringer could make a total troll move and add undo, and four more tracks :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s possible for behringer to clone an instrument that’s mainly based on it’s software. :-/
Cloning hardware circuits is much easier…

1 Like

A question of complexity is involved with this for everyone.

Behringer has the PPG Wave 2.2 as GIP. Others have made good copies of that. Behringer can too. There are other examples as well.

I don’t think Behringer is any more encumbered compared to others. But Behringer certainly is strong with analog.

Also be aware that Behringer likes to hire consultants to tackle problems. Can they hire a software guru too ? Damn straight they can.

1 Like

I would love to see Behringer leverage their in-house design talent / consultant network to build something inspired by the OP-1, but a little more down-to-earth.

Steal:

• Thin, minimalist, aluminum build
  • Great UI typography and screen design

Do differently:

• Instead of super quirky synth designs, just do some more basic VA, FM, or wavetable engines. Optimize them to be fun and playable, sure… but no cows.
  • Instead of the TE tape recorder paradigm, just do a sequencer. Actually, maybe steal from Elektron here instead of TE…
  • Do one quirky thing: instead of a sample-based drum track, implement something like a virtual DFAM/Edge.
10 Likes

This is a great idea presteign !

They definitely have the expertise to pull these kinds of things off. Like the way they can pull together ideas into their Mini line, but maybe just a little more premium.

They talked about working with designers who have done crowdfunding products. This is a good source of creative products where they could make interesting innovation affordable. Have no idea if this is available, but things like the Chompi.

3 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Behringer JAM Sample Groovebox

Fits right in your pocket.
August 2023

Latest tease on Facebook.

curiously, have you got the link for the official behringer Facebook page? I can’t find it. like, at all. just weird behringer fan pages n sh1t. :joy:

No I just google
behringer facebook
every time.

First link. That’s their public FB site.

1 Like

aye I done that but the link didn’t work. just brings me to my Facebook homepage. no idea 🤷