Behringer PRO-800

It’d probably sound nice via the external in on digitone. Reverb and delay :wink:

3 Likes

Damn I’ll have to order one and wait 10 weeks to get it…this is sort of selling me :drooling_face:

EDIT: went ahead and (pre-)ordered it…Thomann says 8-10 weeks…ok I can’t talk shit about Behringer anymore, I’m complicit now :joy::sob:

7 Likes

At least you picked a banger to start with! :laughing:

5 Likes

How did you get on?

I think the slight warble is pretty doable.

1 Like

Does anybody with one know how it responds to MIDI Program Changes? The majority of modern analog poly’s seem to have too slow of CPU’s to react quick enough from Elektron boxes, typically causing glitches or delays when transitioning from pattern to pattern.

Not very well. I switched on the Digitone and spent the afternoon distracted by @Jeanne’s excellent new Curses soundpack.

I can get some very passable Moog-like sounds out of the DN. I bet it can manage at least some of the PRO 800’s sounds.

1 Like

Damn. Resistance is futile.

8 Likes

Honestly, it sounds good. Can someone make some bass sequence with a short envelope modulating the filter to see how punchy (or not) the enveloppes are? no resonance needed.

2 Likes

Where are these in stock?

Andertons are quoting their next delivery as beginning of July where as Thomann were showing 8 to 10 weeks which would be beginning of August. I’m hoping my ore order gets fulfilled in the July delivery.

1 Like

From The Synth King. ( Thirteen and a half minutes long. )

1 Like

Some guy on the Behringer facebook page just posted that he was experiencing skipped notes on the Pro-800 when playing very fast.

Is it just me or is the signal breaking up every now and again?

People on gearspace also get missing notes ( could be the same person )

And changing some parameters don’t indicate the patch has changed from default parameters ( something about dials / sliders or something )

It’s been in limbo for so long they must surely have found ‘missing notes ‘ … I assume firmware upgrade would be incoming

1 Like

I can confirm dropped notes (using REV2 as controller). Curiously this does not happen with every patch. Also encountered a bug where one of my patches ended up having a stuck LFO but I have no idea how I made that happen. Other than those issues I am super happy with the device.

2 Likes

Playing very fast is a niche use case of course :sunglasses:

3 Likes

In my case it does not need to be fast playing. Just some random poking around on the keyboard will eventually make a note drop. Funnily enough the first factory patch is the one that does it the most. :smiley: Edit: None of my own patches drop a single note for some reason.

Its suppose to be usb only and Behringer is working on a fix right now (check thread on Geaspace)

1 Like

I’m pretty much sold on this one. I love it in pretty much every video I’ve seen and it’s different enough from my Take 5 to justify. His Solina videos are also great. I think those two will find a home in my studio once they are available.

4 Likes

Would ppl be interested in my patches? I could set up some ”name your price” type of deal once I get a full bank done.

1 Like