Behringer PRO-800

I had a look on Thomann when I saw that post but they’re quoting 8 weeks. Maybe their first batch has been dispatched?

My PRO-800 is on its way. Ordered like seconds after the listing went live on Thomann.

1 Like

Oh ok that’s probably why, I only placed order some days ago.

Well let us know your first impressions when you receive it!

Should be here tomorrow. I’ll try and record some noodling etc. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

PRO-800 has arrived. No idea how close this is to the original, but I am digging the sound. I wanted this thing for my Berlin school project and so far it seems to do exactly what I want out of it. I might post some more doodles later this evening when I have more time to play around.

Some presets sequenced via Cubase with random knob twiddling:

Noodle 1:

Noodle 2:

15 Likes

Pretty rich and hefty sounding.

2 Likes

Here’s some filter and resonance using the same sequence:

9 Likes

Oh i do love those stripped back sounds and therein lies the issue - it’s giving my all those seminal P5 vibes when it was being used by the pioneers … the fact we are at this point almost certainly means a P5 will transpire, but would behringer add velocity sensitivity, will it be stereo (the only real thing i think will feel odd to me)

i’m awaiting mine ordered a while back priced too low to pass - now i just need to see if it ever materialises

i shouldn’t be even considering this, but alas my buzzkill P-08 encoders dictate otherwise

really looking forward to putting this through the AHFX - not a fan of synths with 3 digit displays, but this might win me around

what’s the pickup/catch/fade/instant mode like when changing presets and tweaking the pots ? Does it do an as-per-panel mode ?

1 Like

Definitely want to know that too. Is there multiple mode on that, or it’s just « instant ».

1 Like

The manual is on the behringer site.if there are modes to select it’s probably detailed in that

Sounds good. Will be hard to resist.

3 Likes

This is the one that is testing my no-behringer-policy resolve…sounds amazing to my ears, and I’m not even that big a DSI/Sequential fan…damn.

4 Likes

Yeah, even as a Take 5 owner, this is tempting. It has a bit of a fat, raw, old school sound to it. I love what I’ve heard so far.

3 Likes

Spent all morning making patches. I’ll upload some examples tonight. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Please do, can’t wait to hear what you put out…your two examples in your previous post were really great already!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Delivery is due for Monday or Thuesday and it feels like christmas… :upside_down_face:

Some quick and dirty sounds and melodies from this morning:

Note: Straight from the device with no EQ or added FX. Some sequenced, some played live.

13 Likes

I just challenged myself to recreate some of these sounds with the Digitone. As an anti-gas measure.

4 Likes

It’d probably sound nice via the external in on digitone. Reverb and delay :wink:

3 Likes

Damn I’ll have to order one and wait 10 weeks to get it…this is sort of selling me :drooling_face:

EDIT: went ahead and (pre-)ordered it…Thomann says 8-10 weeks…ok I can’t talk shit about Behringer anymore, I’m complicit now :joy::sob:

7 Likes