Behringer MonoPoly

You can do that with the Analog Four!

oh I’m well aware! and it’s awesome! A4 wasn’t my thing though. I love Elektron stuff dearly but it was just too much menu depth for me. I have the Vermona Perfourmer though. even better than the Mono/Poly because you have a dedicated envelope, amp, filter and lfo per voice when you’re doing the cycling through voices thing. and can still do a four-voice poly synth with every voice just slightly different.

the A4 version of this is incredible though. it’s even more than the Perfourmer does (albeit with a less straightforward interface). A4 can cycle the voices and you have SO much control and options for each voice (Perfourmer is a much simpler signal path).

1 Like

Ooooh yes, i love the Perfourmer! The sound quality from the Osc are just awesome! The one knob per funktion interface is great, but sometimes also the disadvantage, because to get all four voices straight equal, you need to dial in everything four times, which sometimes can be annoying. It also eats up a lot of real estate, i wish it would be smaller. Also the very limited midi control (just Midi Note on/off + plus for Filter) screams for a MKIII. That´s why the A4 is indeed a great alternative on steroids with full control.

It’ll be interesting getting this alongside my ageing PolySix and doing some comparisons

At the suggested price it is competing with a lot of quite well featured synths, it will be interesting to see how well it sells.

1 Like

I’m guessing CoolAudio have cloned the SSM oscillator and filter chips of the original? I’d seen mention that they’d redone the BA662. If they’re now producing SSM clones that could indicate future direction?

I wonder what filter they’ve used in the Cat? The SRM had a SSM vcf.

as you’ve dived deep into synth history and the technical approaches like I do there’s another market for those who say the OG Microkorg is an Analog Synth, because it doesn’t need to be attached to something.
that early synth noob fact. :face_with_monocle:

there’s a difference between a technical aspect and people that want just a proper synth without any technical understanding of how different gear works.

the Monopoly will sell like a Monster, the part 1 trailer has reached nearly 200000 views in a few days. that’s the thing with those copycats as they grab the old synth enthusiasts and the new ones lusting for a classic synth. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

They delayed the release to add an auto tune function. The price is still to be announced.

3 Likes

more landfill synth from Behwronger. I wish they’d just stop.

As a former Korg Mono/Poly owner I have to agree. I mean the Mono/Poly was nice, but it wasnt that good

1 Like

I do sort of miss my MonoPoly though - it could do some stuff not easily acheived on other synths…& the filter was pretty juicy

Think I sold mine for about 300… wonder what they fetch now ?! :scream:

1 Like

Don’t bother checking.

5 Likes

:slight_smile: good advice.

I know more than a few people that consider the MonoPoly the greatest synth of all time.

If this comes out under $1k I predict they have a massive hit on their hands.

1 Like

I haven’t really been paying attention but have these units been successful in cloning the actual sound of the originals?

I’m sure a proper side-by-side comparo will be needed to know for sure, but judging by their previous “homages” it will at least be in the ballpark.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have thought so, no :sweat_smile:

You don’t think the Model D is successful?

depends what you class as successful. I’d say if you want a Moog, buy a Moog. :slight_smile: