JT-4000 from Behringer

I reacted to the DAC’s specs too. Were the JP8000 DAC’s 12 bit?

Edit: I googled it, and the NEC UPD63200 are run in 18 bit mode, apparently.

2 Likes

At first I was excited because I thought they were building a repro Jupiter 4.

Prob won’t be far away now CoolAudio are remaking the BA662.

I’d love to see a Jupiter 4 reissue but in the JP6/JP8 form factor with the aluminum cheeks.

1 Like

This also crosses my personal threshold of thinking " yes it is ugly, but it sounds nice". And for me the Hydrasynth Logo is fine…

1 Like

“Spirit” :rofl:

4 Likes

what the actual fuck is this monstrosity :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl:

It’s a $49 four voice hybrid micro synth, made to sound like a JP-8000. It has generated a fair amount of interest, witness the number of posts here, and a considerable amount of comment on it’s appearance.

This micro synth represents a new class of products to be offered by Behringer to buyers interested in this sort of functionality. We will see how well this and the ProVS actually sell, but I anticipate it will be what many people do want to buy.

You can comment on the ProVS in its thread.

2 Likes

$49. Landfill synth. again. they need to stop.

2 Likes
Nevermind

I don’t know why did I get a message saying this comment has been flagged.

answer to Strutter

It was on ProVS thread, and flagged as belonging to the current JS-4000 thread.
Nevermind ^^

1 Like

The JP-4000 looks like it is the first announcement in a series of “Spirit” sized synths. So far it looks like a daily announcement alternating the class of synth, so perhaps tomorrow there will be another announcement of a Spirit sized synth.

We’ll see.

1 Like

I’m not positive this is the promised “pocket sized announcement”. Probably.

It is 93 x 103 mm ( 3.7 x 5.1 inches ) So you need big pockets, for the cargo, but not the money.

This is listed at $49, at least for now, and has shipped from the Behringer factory, so look at your Behringer Partner store for a pre-order. ( Look around to find the best price. )

This is a weird intro video, ( i queued past some of the “stuff”, just don’t get hung up on the exercise video parts. )

Here is the sound only part of this video.

ADDED : This sounds really good to my ears.
Obviously it’s not a sound for every situtation, but i bet it is even more flexible than shown in this video.

2 Likes

I could never understand why Roland never released the JP-8080 in the Boutique line. Ah well, I’m a sucker for supersaws so if the Syntakt doesn’t go poly I’ll probably cave for this one.

1 Like

I would bet on a JP-8000 Boutique still happening at some point. I think the only reason Roland hasn’t unveiled one yet is that they’ve been largely following chronological order for the series (which would make sense given the oldest originals tend to be the most sought after). In fact, unless they do something for the JV series, I would expect an 8K Boutique next after the JD-08.

3 Likes

Hmm, demo doesn’t sound that JP8k to me. And just 2 knobs, 4 note poly… and no midi port!? Hard pass.

JP8k boutique could be nice. But it would probably be just zencore (since ACB is meant to emulate analog hardware) and I already have that in MC-707.

2 Likes

Yeah, after watching the vid I also think it doesn’t really sound like the JP (not saying it can’t)

I imagine it’s based on the Supersaw that they added to their Plaits module, Brains. Someone compared it to Acid Rain Chainsaw and while that one did evoke the trance feels of old, the Behringer one was quite there. Mind you the Supersaw on the Roland System synths isn’t quite there either.

And yes, I expect there will be a Roland JP of some sort. Likely an Aira Compact given the JP blue is in the triangle logo.

that’s true! i hadn’t noticed that!
that means the an Alpha Juno might still show up.