JT-4000 from Behringer

Hmm, demo doesn’t sound that JP8k to me. And just 2 knobs, 4 note poly… and no midi port!? Hard pass.

JP8k boutique could be nice. But it would probably be just zencore (since ACB is meant to emulate analog hardware) and I already have that in MC-707.

2 Likes

Yeah, after watching the vid I also think it doesn’t really sound like the JP (not saying it can’t)

I imagine it’s based on the Supersaw that they added to their Plaits module, Brains. Someone compared it to Acid Rain Chainsaw and while that one did evoke the trance feels of old, the Behringer one was quite there. Mind you the Supersaw on the Roland System synths isn’t quite there either.

And yes, I expect there will be a Roland JP of some sort. Likely an Aira Compact given the JP blue is in the triangle logo.

that’s true! i hadn’t noticed that!
that means the an Alpha Juno might still show up.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BehrJT4000--behringer-jt-4000-micro-hybrid-modeling-synthesizer

I think it was available on andertons this week
I had all 3 new toys ( edge, this , pro Vs )

Waited an hour
Removed them all. I have enough gear.

3 Likes

BTW : There is a JT-4000 thread.

This is true.

Behringer is looking for reaction to their proposal for a $19 fix to this and a way to interconnect USB and DIN MIDI.

This is for a single connection.

They are also looking at a 6 connection version for $49.

More detail in this article.

5 Likes

@Jukka Thanks! Looks like a good cheap solution

Does this mean the 1010 blackbox could power this and send midi?

New firmware.

Includes four new MIDI CC controls, a hold mode for doing drones, a way to set up a sustain pedal control, improvement to program change, an auto-chord function, and some other smaller improvements.

2 Likes

Hello folks,

I’ve noticed strange behavior on my JT-4000. It’s most noticeable when you play in arp mode with key hold mode on, I felt the internal clock being unstable (dropping bpm). When you’ve set the bpm value to above 200, if then switch to osc-x page and tweak WAVE value, it becomes obvious that with simple waveforms (e.g. triangle and noise) arp sound faster than with supersaw, pwm or fm. I’ve gone ahead and found dependence with AMP release parameter – increasing it would directly address the bpm value, reducing it correspondingly. If release set to 0 the synth arp speed sounds equal on any given waveform.

Can you folks please check if this issue persists on your unit? I guess if it has something to do with how JT4000 handles envelopes, or I just was unlucky to get a faulty unit. Firmware 1.15 btw

It sounds like a typical sort of bug with sync
Report it to behringer using whatever method they suggest on Facebook / social media / google

1 Like

Thanks. Today I’ve compared my JT-4000 to another unit which a friend of mine owns, and came to conclusion that this bug affects all of the units running new firmware. Besides envelope issues, it has turned out that actual BPM present on ARP page is not even real.

It’s a pity that Behringer even has no dedicated user forum or just a form for users’ feedback, so I’ll keep searching for submitting my own.

P.S.: A user who built an excellent software editor for Reaktor ensemble has mentioned on Native Instruments library that they’ve improved envelopes in new firmware build, that gives us a hope they could fix clock issues in further firmware updates.

Post on their pages on Facebook.

Here’s a demo with some custom presets (sorry for the promo-link) with a focus on ambient and electronica. Maybe you find it useful

4 Likes