Behringer Eurorack Modular

I think you are looking at this through Behringer hate glasses. It’s an eurorack case, there are only so many ways to design one. And it looks good to me.

Furthermore it’s not even that similar to Mantis. Size, stand, form are all different. So what’s the problem?

6 Likes

I’m no Behringer hater (I do have some of their products), but to me it’s a copy of the Mantis. Even the bus board is similar. I don’t mind, but I do think it’s possible to come up with original designs for eurorack cases (see Arturia or Nifty Case or Waldorf…)

1 Like

Yeah, that is an oversimplification. But still the shape is undeniably similar. But it is the same with alot of different case builders in eurorack. Some use wood, some use extruded aluminium. A few started using cast plastics.

I feel that eurorack is pretty copy/cloning influenced. That is what made it what it is today. Some are developing new stuff, but alot is just a copy or clone of something old anyway.

I just want this and guess it’s between 149-199 retail

by the end of next year I’ll run a Moog model 15 clone in a Bastl Instruments Case.

good times

1 Like

Word, a box is a box

3 Likes

Dear Uli, just keep going.

It will change everything and I appreciate it.

5 Likes

I’ve not got any behringer stuff (apart from a cheap mixer, which i kind of despise :wink: )
but those moog clone modules look really nice, i could see myself getting a full set of those, if they sound good, and are reasonably priced.

4 Likes

I’m looking at this through the glasses of an experienced designer. My job demands attention to detail but also the ability to be objective. If I saw Behringer’s case with no branding and no context I would assume it was an early prototype of the Mantis case.

That’s your subjective opinion and you’re entitled to that.

5 Likes

I would say—inspired by the Mantis Case.

It’s Great and to be innovative he should have gone triangular.

1 Like

Crass, tasteless, unprincipled, artless capitalism at its finest.

5 Likes

…and they ripped off the Eurorack format established by Dieter Doepfer as he thought it’s a good size for modules inspired by test equipment.

they all copied the rails, how dare

4 Likes

I don’t see why the surprise or the arguments that it isn’t a bit of a copy, it is what Behringer do and pretty much always have done, and it is one of the main reasons why they undercut everyone else, vastly reduced development costs.

You don’t need to be a Behringer hater or fan to understand this, it is just obvious.

It will be interesting to see the pricing on the modules, I reckon about $49 for the simpler ones given the shockingly low prices on the Crave and TD-3.

10 Likes

Did he say 140 hp or 104 hp? A box with 36hp more width would work well for me.

the other non powered case is 104 priced at 69,-

3 Likes

Just when I thought I was out… They pull me back in.

10 Likes

This news also means … I have to hold off ordering the AE modular base 2 for my new year gift to myself (from my partner :wink: ). Mixing the Behringer modules with some Doepfer and new Dreadbox modules will get this big case loaded within an acceptable budget. Good times!

1 Like

The one thing they didn’t rip off is their biggest failure!!! Sliding nuts!!!? I can’t stand sliding nuts!

8 Likes

Nice!!!

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Behringer era