The Behringer era

Thank you thank you I’ll be here all week!

(until Behringer clones me, hires an assassin to slit my throat and bleed me dry while vacuuming up my blood to transplant into the clone and top off Uli’s vampiric elixir)

Rivederci !

2 Likes

if Uli’s Vampiric Elixer also has high CBD concentration to help me sleep…I’m in! Sorry about the whole bleeding you dry thing though. I’ll feel bad about it while I sleep.:wink:

1 Like

I know this thread is for releasing some heat about B’s practices, pros and cons, but please let’s keep a friendly, comprehensive and peaceful tone, dear music lovers.

9 Likes

off topic, but everytime I read a post of yours, your avatar makes me read it in my head like a sad person :joy:

3 Likes

True! An avatar can give (unwanted) impressions.
Since I use my real face as an avatar, I can bring more empathy to the table and take extra care to not be an a**.

Are people seriously complaining about Behringer copying something? Where have you been the last few years?

14 Likes

Can we talk about the irony that people that bashes Behringer are copying each others arguments?

(Not being serious. Let’s not do that).

6 Likes

It’s because they continue with their unethical behaviour that people continue to call them out. The backlash is justified IMHO. Shrugging one’s shoulders and excusing them sends the message that’s it’s all OK.

3 Likes

They can do whatever they want, the Universe is large and indifferent to the individual.

It’s easier to let evil consistently win than try and fight it.

2 Likes

Just thought remarks about B’s business should come here, so I removed above posts from Goldeurorack Go discussion. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Let’s assume for the sake of argument that the case is somewhere in the region of £250 (that’s a complete guess since the price hasn’t yet been announced). Let’s also assume that someone wants to fully populate the 140hp case with the cheapest of Behringer’s current line up of eurorack-mountable synths, for example, four Model D units (why anyone would want to do that is beyond me).

By my calculations, that’ll make it:

5 x £250 = £1250

By eurorack standards that’s fairly cheap but I certainly wouldn’t describe it as modular for “poorer people”. That’s quite a luxury purchase. Even if one were to DIY all the modules, you’d still be looking at a significant investment to fill that space. We all know that empty gaps in a case are GAS inducing!

1 Like

I think this part’s kind of funny. There’s this perpetual argument that Behringer is super cheap. I remember hearing about the RD-08 being extremely but I’ve seen it for $400 here in the U.S. That’s pretty expensive for a single-kit drum machine in 2019. They are managing to get even lower however with whatever their Roland TB-303 clone is called.

Aaaaaaand we’re live again!
I was a bit heavy with the knife, maybe. Sorry for that. But so was the discussion…

There were a few interesting words that disappeared in this. Feel free to debate again. But this time, please, try not to talk one to one, it always ends badly. Heated is OK, but sterile flame wars with strangers on the internet… :thinking: I think you can find better ways to loose your time.
If you don’t like it that your posts were deleted, don’t yell at me before you’ve read the guidelines :nerd_face:

Please, be constructive and friendly, it’s way better for everyone.
Let’s make this little corner of internet a nice place to have a chat. :beers:

8 Likes

don’t worry gonna change it soon…

1 Like

Behringer synthesizer users: How is the tuning stability? I only ask because Model D seems to have some serious tuning issues based on what I’ve watched/read. Granted, it’s one of the first synths they released. Have they improved things over their next releases? I’m primarily interested in the more recent offerings like the K-2, TD-3, Wasp.

Also, from my glancing over the manuals… am I missing something, or is there almost no MIDI CC implementation at all?

Thanks

Behringer Model D behaves pretty much like original Model D. It’s analog VCO synth and thus tuning isn’t as stable as in digital synths.

But mine did stay in tune just fine after it warmed up (sold it recently because I have Poly D on order). Also, only analog control of the knobs in Model D so MIDI is limited.

Btw, Wasp has digital oscillators so it should be very much in tune.

2 Likes

I used to have a Boog … it stayed in tune fine as long as I kept it in original case. When I tried to rack it in an Intellijel 4U, the thing drifted all over the place, like someone put a Sloth or slow LFO on both oscillator pitches.

My Neutron doesn’t stay in tune as well as the Boog did but it’s nothing too serious. I haven’t tried to rack it outside the factory case so not sure if it has the same issue.

1 Like

Analog Synths should warm up a bit (15-30min) before used for recording etc.

the Neutron has a build in Tuner and the ability to Autotune the Oscillators (hold Range button till the led blinks) the oscillators are in perfect tune when restarting the synth after warm up.

if you don’t restart it’s definitely off but keep in mind that tuning an Analog synth is a common method just like tuning your guitar.

it’s part of the game, lol

I have no problem with clones of 40-year-old gear. Copyright laws are too heavy-handed as it is.
But stuff that’s newer and still in production is a different story. Mostly I just wonder, why? They don’t need to do copies at this point. It’s a great thing they’ve done creating those efficiencies of scale to make affordable products. They have the designers in-house now who can make good new products. Surely it would be more satisfying to bring out more DM12s, Neutrons, XRs, rather than copying obsolete products.

2 Likes

IT is for someone just wanting to enter Eurorack…because who has $400 for just a case…I think Behringer is a great thing for the industry for access as well as curb market excesses and inflated or UNDEPRCIATING VALUES OF THE SAME OLD PRODUCTS for eternity…

Eventually…just like iPads and MACs…MOOG need to lower prices on things…oh wait they did…Mother / DFAM / Sub patty all down $100 in last 2 moths…I can now afford to get the MOOGS because of Behringer…

MARKET FORCES and CAPITALISM…beautiful things!

2 Likes