Behringer Eurorack Modular

I felt this maybe deserves its own thread. Seems Behringer is moving to Modular:

Moderator Note : Indeed, see post here …

Judging by the video, there will be a case and Moog System 55 module clones. Should be interesting to see what comes out of this.

9 Likes

builds modular - plays Stranger Things :see_no_evil:

15 Likes

Behringer Eurorack Model 15???!!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

feel like i’ve seen that case before… somewhere… :wink:

totally not surprised… i know they’re not identical and it’s just a shape but still…

http://tiptopaudio.com/mantis

low cost cases do drive sales of modules so hopefully it has good power in it and this helps the market for modules.

6 Likes

This “Eurorack Go” makes me think of this…

I thought Stranger Things theme was Prophet 6, I remember reading this from an interview of the authors of the soundtrack…

Sorry for this little parenthesis. I am still processing these news.

4 Likes

Finally! Uli announced a long time ago that they intended to move into modular. This is so nice since I will buy a Matriarch soon and it would be neat to add some modules to it without empty the bank completely.

You could probably build a Matriarch from Behringer modules once they get them out :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, nice idea, that would be amazing with a cloned version of the 500 delay in a modular form factor :grinning:

Edit: It’s gonna lack the paraphony mode though, and that’s something that’s really important to me.

1:18

… it’s like with an Apple product…

:ecstatic:

2 Likes

I love the idea that we can now put some Moogs in a Behringer case. I’ll wait for a second edition though
:panda:

Looks like they blatantly ripped off the entire concept from Tip Top. Not just the shape but the bus board zones, stand etc. Of course they made it fugly though.

3 Likes

Isnt the Tip Top Mantis just a plastic version of the Goike 6u cases?

2 Likes

I guess there is enough money made on overpriced eurorack cases… just my opinion, not saying it’s the truth :wink:

Soonish we are going to get the case “for free” if we buy a premium eurorack branded system.

2 Likes

bar a handful of reasonable enough cases, the majority are scandalously priced. imo

11 Likes

TipTop Mantis is 340€… not bad IMO. But let’s see if Behringer can do better…

Yes, Mantis is still 1 of the best deals out there. I am not buying into new stuff from Behringer without letting other consumers doing the QC first, I call this Aldi Consumer Electronics Tactics. :rofl: :thup:

3 Likes

That behringer looks really budget, I’m guessing 99 euro. I don’t mind the cheap plastic look so much as long as its sturdy though. This does make me want the tiptop mantis though hah.

1 Like

99 euros ! Your estimate is too low I think…

My bet is 200€ :wink:

2 Likes

More “AmbientGenerativeXperimental-PutAPlantHere-BleepBlopFartDawless” garbage ? We do not have enough atm…

Uli goes Euro ? Dieter is gonna eat his hat !

This post is humourous, flag responsibly ! :wink:

4 Likes

With all due respect, that’s an oversimplification. Goike make high-end, hand-crafted wooden cases. The Mantis might share a similar, angled profile and two rows of 104hp but apart from that, they’re chalk and cheese. The Behringer Go Go Eurorack is at best, a lazy carbon copy and at worst, an infringement of Tip Top Audio’s intellectual property.