Behringer Eurorack Modular

https://djmag.com/news/behringer-have-40-eurorack-modules-coming-starting-50

Old rumour :man_shrugging:

1 Like

damn… you opened my eyes… I hate sliding nuts too. Instant bummer.

1 Like

Size: 208hp vs 280hp
Stand: Your own photos show the difference
Form: Also, clearly different

There’s nothing subjective about it at all.

about those nuts

5 Likes

Last year I started looking into eurorack, took one look at the cost of just the case itself and quickly became disheartened. This looks like I’m back in it to win it.

Edit: I am definitely grabbing an Intellijel Atlantis module now, can’t have enough mono synths :smiley:

If this is indeed a well-priced case with adequate power supply, all we need now is a good way to mix eurorack signals. Last time I checked, I couldn’t find a single sensible “performance-oriented” mixer module (think A&H DJ mixers) in eurorack land. Behringer would do well to release one.

If cheap and decent cases are there, and a sensible way to mixerize it all up, I would seriously start considering an eurorack setup. But considering the cost and logistics, I aint going to be lugging a mixer and an eurorack case to gigs. No way. It all needs to integrate nicely into a single control surface… isn’t that what eurorack is all about?

1 Like

You’re right. It’s almost as if Behringer had the sense to make just enough changes (to the original Mantis design) so that a :copyright: case against them wouldn’t stand up in court. Maybe this ain’t their first rodeo?

Dude… it’s a box. Empty box. It’s not some unique invention or discovery that only Mantis has done.

13 Likes

I don’t know how I feel about Behringer releasing bootleg models of original products and now taking over the eurorack modular scene… but I’m somewhat satisfied that I stopped buying hardware/eurorack and my g.a.s. drive has diminished…

2 Likes

They are entering a thriving eurorack community that’s brimming with really passionate, talented designer/manufacturers, many of whom are one person businesses. It’ll be interesting to see how well their modules are received and whether we’ll see Behringer stalls popping up at the more grass roots modular festivals.

1 Like

If a lot of people get in touch with these esoteric module makers because their first modular was made into a behri case, would it really be so bad?

Modular market is actually a scene where I see behri also as a big catalyst for more interest in modular in general. Not all of those people will be satisfied with only using behri modules for long.

8 Likes

This.

There will be more people playing the euro game and … more customers for everybody.

2 Likes

If anything Behry will suffer greater scrutiny in the eurocrack market as it’s a bottomless pit and those with a firm foothold in said abyss (versus fill my hp mission 1) will need convincing less with their pocket and more so with what fantastical weapons they have already and what Behry can add…
Mind you, if Behringer release a ‘Produce Racket Bronze and Silver Shared System’ I’ll probs be in on it :joy::poop:

I’ve thought about it. Maybe one day! DIY is an awesome way to go with almost anything, I feel.

2 Likes

being upset that Behringer is doing modular too is like Goth kids being mad that Hot Topics sells black t-shirts too.

If anything these cheaper cases will allow more of the boutique modules to be purchased because we will have more capital to invest in them instead of cases. Even these 2 more utility modules being cheaper will allow that. Buying a case is like buying tires for your car, you need tires to make it work, but they are not real fun.
Also this may get people involved in modular who’s finances would never allow it. Then they may graduate up to more boutique module creators.

11 Likes

just make a 6u/9u/12u 84hp powered 19" rackmount case so I don’t have to spend £400 on 6u Doepfer.

I don’t have endless desk space for the current trend of desktop stuff.

3 Likes

this. if anything I want a small case to place a select few modules into

With Moogs decision to produce the modular series only in a very small, limited and very expensive (I say expensive, not overpriced) version it is a good thing to see Behringer take care of it.

1 Like

Sweetwater shows a Behringer case, but they’re not calling it the “Go”. They’re showing an unpowered case for $78. I doubt the “Go” will be the clear cut price winner, as the NiftyCase for $199 gets you power, jacks, and MIDI-CV converter.

https://www.sweetwater.com/c1201--Eurorack_Cases

Also, Trogotronic has the m202 Collier Case starting at $135. This case looks like it can take a lot more punishment than cases from competing brands too.

https://trogotronic.com/product/m202/

Nailed it