Behringer Eurorack Modular

With Moogs decision to produce the modular series only in a very small, limited and very expensive (I say expensive, not overpriced) version it is a good thing to see Behringer take care of it.

1 Like

Sweetwater shows a Behringer case, but they’re not calling it the “Go”. They’re showing an unpowered case for $78. I doubt the “Go” will be the clear cut price winner, as the NiftyCase for $199 gets you power, jacks, and MIDI-CV converter.

https://www.sweetwater.com/c1201--Eurorack_Cases

Also, Trogotronic has the m202 Collier Case starting at $135. This case looks like it can take a lot more punishment than cases from competing brands too.

https://trogotronic.com/product/m202/

Nailed it

Playing just the messenger here
:wink:

that is transparent. I Appreciate it.

It’s on:

3 Likes

From the description:

Introducing eleven new Eurorack compatible modules – all of them authentic reproductions of original “System 100M” circuitry from 1975.

With ultra-fat oscillators and creamy filters the sound became famous in the early 80s used by artists like Depeche Mode, Human League, Tears For Fears but also Vangelis, Tangerine Dream and even Aphex Twin.

If you’re into super-fat bass sounds, in-your-face leads or flowing soundscapes, definitely check them out!
All modules are incredibly feature rich, have tremendous patching capabilities and a lot of them come with dual function, like:

• 112 dual oscillator with 3 waveforms, PWM and two sync modes
  • 121 dual filter with 3-channel mixer per filter
  • 130 dual VCA, again with dual 3-channel mixers
  • 140 dual envelope has 3 outputs per ADSR plus a built in LFO that can be triggered and phase synced
  • 173 gates module comes even with four gates that can switch audio and 6 quad buffered multiples
  • 297 has a dual portamento controller plus two independent CV mixers
  • 150 brings a ring modulator, 2 noise generators, syncable LFO and a sample and hold generator
  • 172 module delivers a 6-step phase-shifter, an analog delay, an LFO and a gate delay
  • 305 is an output module a four-band parametric EQ, a 4-channel mixer, line and separate headphone output and even a tuning oscillator
  • 182 there is a powerful analog sequencer with either dual 8 steps or 1-16 steps and tempo, portamento and gate time controls - 110 is a complete synth voice with VCO, VCA and filter in a single module
4 Likes

Eurorack is mainstream.

That is a great evolution imho and will help the standard going forward.

I need to rethink my starter rack space now :smiley:

2 Likes

At a time when Roland are discounting the malekko modules because no one is buying them. Interesting choice by Behringer

agreed. a System 100 would’ve been more interesting (to me). also I always thought the Doepfer stuff sounded very System 100m-like, so this “sound” has basically always been there at a decent price. guess it didn’t look like the System 100m though…

1 Like

Lol just read they are starting at 50 bucks each. Like 1/6th the price of Roland

3 Likes

Incredible, really hope they nail the sound

1 Like

Not in the UK, they are still full price here on the rare occasions that they are actually available. Shame because I wanted another rack of the second run to go with the first, but they only seem interested in having them in stock in the US, and discounting them apparently because no one there wants them :laughing: oh well, saved me some money.

between 49 and 99 US$ per module.

oh woaw !!!

1 Like

Will you be picking up these modules from Behringer?

:wink:

1 Like

the big question :cowboy_hat_face:

Drum roll please!

Haha! Top trolling :laughing:

4 Likes

Haha man I would really like to own the Malekko version instead, they are cool folks and they’re located in Oregon just like me!!! I’ll have to check that price drop situation.

1 Like

If Behringer get the VCO, filters and envelopes right a lot of people are going to love these modules.

I don’t have any plans to buy any more Eurorack though, least of all Behringer ones - amazing pricing though.

1 Like