Behringer BCR32

Yip agree with all the comments re this being a positive direction for B…more developments like this would see me actually buying something with their logo on it…

Sysex out would mean you could program this as a dedicated controller for the likes of a TX81Z…but actually i would pair this with my Blofeld in a second, …i hope they also do the fader version…

1 Like

Actually they only rip hardware designs from what I know, not software. Even then, they design their own PCB’s. They just use other companies circuit designs.

Disclaimer: I’m not For ‘or’ Against any of this; I’m just stating an observation.

You have to be careful in these kinds of threads :grimacing:

4 Likes

There’s a statement from Zaquencer on FB, all good.

“We are really excited to announce an official collaboration with Behringer! They plan to create a successor to the BCR2000 with the Zaquencer firmware preinstalled! We are looking forward very much to see this come to life!”

5 Likes

X-Touch compact (?) though that takes up some desk-space

1 Like

I want to buy one as a show of support with my dollars for the kind of good, healthy, collaborative, non-exploitive product development Behringer should be encouraged to do, and as a counterpoint to the dollars I don’t spend on any of the exploitive, toxic, anti-collaborative products they do.

Hopefully I am not alone, and it is a hit for them, and encourages them to be more creative and original.
But more importantly, I hope they understand that there are customers who are willing to buy such products, and have their own reasons for not buying the others. The customer pool is large for cheap gear. The customer pool is even larger for cheap gear that doesn’t piss people off.

11 Likes

Looks very interesting was there any mention of a release date

I have wanted a BCR2000 since just after it was discontinued so, this is a nice surprise.

My thinking as well, the addition of sysex is sick, really opens up the possibilities.

2 Likes

The BCR2000 has a very wel documented (reverse engineered) SysEx implementation. Use it all the time… Hope that it will be so on the BCR32 too.

1 Like

Good. I checked their site yesterday and didn’t see anything, which was worrying.

Instant buy

Holy shit.

A Behringer thread where everyone is as happy as the average Octatrack user.

I’ll almost definitely buy one if it does sysex.

12 Likes

Exactly my thoughts - if the size is small enough then it might replace my MFT. I doubt it will be though.

5 Likes

It are the specs of the original BCR merged with Zaq. Good, but hope they make it a bit more by adding push for all encoders, and for each encoder some helpfull text in the screen or something like that.

I hope behringer will release a controller with faders.

1 Like

Very interested in this, despite being relatively clueless about non-keyboard controllers.

Having watched a few videos on the BCR2000 w/ ZAQ, I now know that an element of my setup that I’ve been missing is a MIDI Looper.

Honestly, pretty good pr campaign, to mock up something sought after (myself included) and make it an actual collaboration. I guess it was possible all along :thinking: i wonder if behringer was put to task to clean up since music tribe announced their ‘super’ collaboration with sweetwater. Also interesting to note how behringer is changing the language of what change is, any one familiar with giridharadas knows what im saying lol.

basically that was my imagination about a Keystep pro Module!

if they also make it a USB/Midi to CV/Gate converter it would be dope.

ordering 33 Chroma Caps right now…

2 Likes

Whoops. What made the original BRC so popular was its ability to support full NRPN and sysex messages. It seems they are dropping this from the modern one, not smart.