Behringer BCR32

Agreed. I really don’t understand what their problem is. This, Neutron…they are certainly capable.

This one is really testing my morals…

Like, can you use both the sequencer and cc controller at the same time and flip between them?? That would be…nuts.

Edit: 4 cv/gate?? :sweat:

3 Likes
off topic

Yeah I still remember how they went after Peter Kirn (CDM), with that anti-semitic cartoon.
If Beh pulls another one of those, I’m not touching any of their gear ever again.

I hope all of the encoders will be pushable. I love that about the Faderfoxes.

1 Like

Oh no… I just ditched my BCR2000 for a Faderfox EC4 only, and I really mean only, because of the screen. I couldn’t deal with the physical mapping overlays and/or actually memorizing the mappings…
By the looks of this, that little screen could actually show more information than the 3 digits of the original.
I really hope not, because if it actually shows more information I feel I made a bad decision with the overpriced EC4…

This is what I like to see from B, not shady marketing and old knock offs.

It’s basically the first controller with both midi and cv output… I think this is a brilliant design.
Will probably cop one!

3 Likes

Faderfoxes last for decades. Nothing wrong with your choice.

5 Likes

There was nothing wrong quality wise on my BCR2000 either, and it was over 10 years old.

1 Like

Yes, but my BCR2000 encoders are prone to small skips, at least some of them.
I haven’t encountered that on my LD-2 yet.
And they are about the same age.

Not my cup of tea but I can surely see how this will sell like hotcakes.
I wish B made more original unique stuff like this

1 Like

wow, 8x4 knobs, 2 MIDI Outs, 4 CV/gate pairs! instant buy.

1 Like

Like a dutiful consumer ! I just saw this…
What Behrunger do well : controllers
At £149 I’ll likely get one instead of the £400 faderfox I’ve been hoping to eventually afford for over a year now. My Preen FM would benefit from some more knobs (for example )

4 Likes

Yeah this looks tidy as hell, will probably pick one up to use as a max/live controller. Finally something carries on the legacy of the mighty BCR2000!

There’s already a thread for this. I guess it’s potentially popular already!

1 Like

Ah sorry. Will leave for mods to close

3 Likes

I may actually be able to afford upgrading my BCR2000… Love Zaquencer and would love to have a dedicated controller again, and switching between the two is tedious… as much as I don’t like B, if it’s anywhere near the target price of $150, this is probably an instant buy.

This is cool!
Do this stuff more, B!

Layout wise, this looks like two MF Twisters, and as someone who just reprogrammed two pages on his Twister for OT, I can definitely see the utility of it. (Although I do love the programmable color LED bars on Twister)

I wonder how big or small the footprint is.

2 Likes

Yeah, pretty cool B!

Btw, it looks like each preset has 4x32 parameters! Like on the BCR2000 there are 4 ‘encoder groups’ - on the BCR2000 those 4 encoder groups only let you switch midi assignments for the upper 8 encoders. Only those upper 8 encoders have push functionality and the leds have different modes, like pan where the leds spread left/right from a 12 o clock center - so it makes sense to have encoder groups only for the 8 upper encoders.

On the BCR32 it looks like all encoders will have the same functionality and thus it would make sense that the 4 encoder groups would let you switch midi assignments for all 32 encoders.

Even if it would only be for the upper 8 encoders, that’s quite the package there!

Curious if you can seamlessly switch between Zaquencer and controller and use the controller while Zaquencer is running.

Set my bcr2000 for sale today because if this this new version

it’s a rendering, nobody knows if and when this thing will be for sale…

BCR2000 is probably the best thing Behringer ever made. Is actually a great bit of kit, and highly programmable.

Be a smart move to bring it back; and if as programmable as before, well worth getting as a studio / live workhorse.

There is a button at the top with [ CTRL/ZAQ ] on it in yellow / grey. Based on that I’d assume that you can switch between operating modes; Controller or Zaquencer, rather then both at the same time, but what would I know?

Would be interesting if the Zaquencer kept running whilst switching to Controller mode… but that could get confusing; and if that was the case; then it would be better product design to ditch the option altogether; and just have a [ Shift | Function ] button, a toggle button with led for mode; and a [ Latch ] option instead.

1 Like

Now all Arturia have to do is make a 32 knob midi controller… :wink:

11 Likes