Behringer BCR32

The list seems messed up a little, “20 programmable buttons, assignable as note on/off, control and programm change, MMC and system exclusive data” - it does not make much sense to have that only for the buttons (IIRC the push encoders on the BCR2k can send notes and PC amongst other msgs)…but they mentioned sysex there.

No sign of NRPN, but to early anyways, it’s just a rendering and those are not the full specs. :slight_smile:
Just a list someone quickly threw together.

1 Like

This. A better/bigger/more detailed screen, or many small ones, should really be considered. The 3 digit screen on the original was really the only thing I disliked with it.

Is that definite ?
That would be a bit of a letdown it’s true

Had to look m up but indeed, every time Uli B states that it s all for the customers benefit my bs alarm explodes.

2 Likes

Of course this will come to market. None of this technology is a first for behringer. All of this exists in past and other products. That of course can’t be said for the 909 (sampler and completed drum machine sequencer firmware) or UBXa (poly firmware for a vintage polysynth) which are the two biggest complaints. But someone always has to come along to say its unlikely to happen. Not true. Youve got to pay attention to the details.

i think i’ve seen the news about this one few months ago and was happy to see they were going to build a new version of it, but wasn’t sure if the news was real or not…apparently it is :slight_smile:
i still have the BCR2000 but hasn’t been used much lately though, mostly because of its size but other than that, a really good controller.
this one looks promising and should hopefully be at a good price too, if that’s the case, mm…i might be thinking about getting one…but then, what to do with the BCR2000? will it enter the hall of fame of MIDI controllers and become vintage and sought after by many? :smile_cat:

edit: here the news about it from few months ago

1 Like

…nice to see they are probably going for MIDI DIN rather than 3.5mm jack and adding those CV/Gate outputs too…somehow some sort of a Beatstep pro maybe?

put a keyboard on and it’s basically a Keystep pro.
i guess we‘ll see some Elektron competition soon
if they expand with the Zaquencer ideas and they’re synth department they could build a Rytm for 599, with a 7“ display and WiFi

1 Like

Prices were going up already. I thought about getting a second BCR2000 as backup unit just in case, but prices were getting kinda steep…

If the new BCR32 basically is a remake, with all the features of the og (+some more maybe) and with Zaquencer included - and that’s what it looks like it will be - I guess most people won’t hold onto there BCR2000.

In the unlikely case B screws up something, it could happen and the BCR2000 becomes highly sought after.

2 Likes

From first announcement to actual release what is the normal turnaround time for a new Behringer product?

Do they announce it and then it’s available in stores 2 months later… 6 months later… several years later… What’s the normal amount of time?

At this price point I’m not sure how you could go wrong with the BCR32 it’s quite impressive really

1 Like

It seems to vary wildly product to product.

1 Like

I ditched my BCR2000 instantly I read the message about the BCR32. Its a tank, but I think the BCR32 is better in form factor, space and definately looks. Dont think the BCR2000 will be of any worth when it comes out.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have thought it would take an eternity? They’ve been pretty open about the time it’s taken them to get the clones to market but the BCR is pretty much just code? Not saying they could fire them out in a matter of weeks but I’d imagine once the code is done they won’t be far from the shops. I think they know it’s gonna sell like hot cakes (as long as it works!) so I’d imagine they won’t want to hang around. They like to tease the synths but stuff like Wing seemed to come from nowhere.

Maybe they have trouble to source parts due to the governments shutting down borders?

I’m not sure China has closed its borders, especially for manufacturing.
The parts are probably made in China too.

I’d guess six months.

Not all parts are getting manufactured in China. China mostly does assembly, electronic parts are often manufactured elsewhere on the world. E.g. here in Northern Germany we have a microchip manufacturer which produces some of the chips for the Playstation and a couple of cell phone companies and who knows, for which other companies. If they can´t get certain raw materials, it could impact the whole delivery chain.

Don’t they have an entire production chain, chain is an anagram of china, in china? Where they produce all components themselves. Might very well be mistaken.

They don’t manufacture all components, I think.
When Uli Behringer posts about how they roll at Behringer ( :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ), he often writes something like ‘that they can get components much cheaper than many other manufacturers, because they are able to order large amounts.’

1 Like

Ahh, gotcha. Well, this time I hope they get them quickly.

I’m in practice to become a teacher, and I was teaching a class about consumer rights and power. I didn’t get to it, but I had planned a segment where I wanted to illustrate one of the problems with staying true to your principles by showing them why I have a problem with Behringer, and showing them the swing or whatever it’s called as the example of why I don’t want to do business with them. Then I was gonna show them the BCR32 to tell them why I’m about to throw that entire principle right out the window.

6 Likes

Sounds cool! :slightly_smiling_face:

What I like about the BCR2000, it’s not only a tank on the outside (mine looks so badly beaten up, it’s not funny anymore), the insides aren’t flimsy either. Ribbon cables are all hot glued in place, all screws have loctite on them (not sure if it’s for added security, QC check or tamper evidence - those screw won’t move, that’s for sure!), also there’s enough room to replace components. It’s not easy to access due to all that hot glue and loctite on the screws, but once you’ve managed that - it’s easy to operate on the internals.