Behringer BCR32

I’m confident they will license the Zaquencer firmware. I would buy this, nice!

1 Like

Depending on the final spec (they’re saying it’s still in the development stage) I bet these will fly off the shelves. They were onto a winner with the BCR and BCF and they’re well aware of what sells. With a sequencer, CV/gate, support for CC and NRPN (and hopefully sysex for older gear) some other bells and whistles and keen pricing they’ll shift a bucket load

1 Like

This is def the way to go, but only 4cv/gate for me is a pitty, would expect at least to have a drum track with 8 trig outs? Loved the original but 4 tracks was always stopping me from using it as much

On Facebook Behringer explicitly said:
We’re very excited to announce that we’ve entered into a collaboration with Zaquencer to bring back the highly sought after BCR2000 - however this time with the famous Zaquencer built in.

2 Likes

I know. I’d trust a statement from the dev, though, and don’t really from them, given the history. The rendering looks nice, though, if it ships. Can’t imagine buying it, though.

1 Like

I would love a little OLED display above every (!) knob, maybe even with color. Would very much remove the guessing part. Otherwise I’m very happy with this layout (as I am currently with my old BCR2000). Hope they keep the same SysEx interface, as all my custom code (NodeJS) code very much depend on it.

Bravo to see Behringer bringing this one ‘back’.

5 Likes

Agreed. I really don’t understand what their problem is. This, Neutron…they are certainly capable.

This one is really testing my morals…

Like, can you use both the sequencer and cc controller at the same time and flip between them?? That would be…nuts.

Edit: 4 cv/gate?? :sweat:

3 Likes
off topic

Yeah I still remember how they went after Peter Kirn (CDM), with that anti-semitic cartoon.
If Beh pulls another one of those, I’m not touching any of their gear ever again.

I hope all of the encoders will be pushable. I love that about the Faderfoxes.

1 Like

Oh no… I just ditched my BCR2000 for a Faderfox EC4 only, and I really mean only, because of the screen. I couldn’t deal with the physical mapping overlays and/or actually memorizing the mappings…
By the looks of this, that little screen could actually show more information than the 3 digits of the original.
I really hope not, because if it actually shows more information I feel I made a bad decision with the overpriced EC4…

This is what I like to see from B, not shady marketing and old knock offs.

It’s basically the first controller with both midi and cv output… I think this is a brilliant design.
Will probably cop one!

3 Likes

Faderfoxes last for decades. Nothing wrong with your choice.

5 Likes

There was nothing wrong quality wise on my BCR2000 either, and it was over 10 years old.

1 Like

Yes, but my BCR2000 encoders are prone to small skips, at least some of them.
I haven’t encountered that on my LD-2 yet.
And they are about the same age.

Not my cup of tea but I can surely see how this will sell like hotcakes.
I wish B made more original unique stuff like this

1 Like

wow, 8x4 knobs, 2 MIDI Outs, 4 CV/gate pairs! instant buy.

1 Like

Like a dutiful consumer ! I just saw this…
What Behrunger do well : controllers
At £149 I’ll likely get one instead of the £400 faderfox I’ve been hoping to eventually afford for over a year now. My Preen FM would benefit from some more knobs (for example )

4 Likes

Yeah this looks tidy as hell, will probably pick one up to use as a max/live controller. Finally something carries on the legacy of the mighty BCR2000!

There’s already a thread for this. I guess it’s potentially popular already!

1 Like

Ah sorry. Will leave for mods to close

3 Likes

I may actually be able to afford upgrading my BCR2000… Love Zaquencer and would love to have a dedicated controller again, and switching between the two is tedious… as much as I don’t like B, if it’s anywhere near the target price of $150, this is probably an instant buy.