Behringer 909 clone $299 in production

Also, let’s continue the discussion when this thing is finally actually available for purchase.

1 Like

What’s the latest with this?

Probably waiting for September 9th?

Cmon Behringer!

Since there arent alot of sound demos available yet, I’d wager the RD-9 is still some months away. Late december would be my best-case estimate?

If I remember correctly I think they’re aiming for Jan/Feb next year for the 909.

1 Like

I was hoping for some news about this on 909 day :cry:

28 day’s later, great film that :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Behringer does what Roland should be doing. Behringer makes big heavy proper reissues of these legendary drum machines and Roland makes cheap plastic toys. Behringer looks like it’s having fun and Roland seems stuck and uninspired.

We´ve heard that story before and recent Behringer synths and drum machines have been a bug-hell with basic features (like midi in) not working, the 808 sequencer is more like an open beta in an early development stage. If that is what you seek Roland to do have fun!

1 Like

What’s the point if there’s already a TR-09 that you can get by Roland?

I have 5 thumbs on each hand, I rest my case.

1 Like

Oh wow, nvm didn’t even know it’s the same size of the original 909!!

1 Like

I have RD-8 and it works fine for my use. Haven’t used MIDI much though since I use the internal sequencer, which I find works great. It has also been out for like one week, maybe give them little time to fix the issues if there are some? You are on Elektron forum so you should be used to products having bugs and being in beta anyways.

Furthermore, they certainly got the most important thing right - it sounds awesome.

2 Likes

And that’s exactly why I have a TR09. No space for unnecessarily large drum machines.

1 Like

Why not just use samples or the VSTi version of TR-09 then?

1 Like

I don´t want to debate if the rd8 is cool for you but from my point if view it´s just not enough to justify a lack of working midi implementation with the statement “I don´t use midi”. I can´t believe that I am actually in the middle of a pro / contra Behringer discussion although I have no personal interest in their products or anything aginst it. I´m out, have fun everyone! With the RD8 or without.

Cheapest TR09s I’m seeing online are $400+ used. Behringer will be $299 new. Price sometimes is all buyers need to justify the purchase.

1 Like

What is this lack of working MIDI you are talking about? I am not aware of the issue, but as RD-8 has quite nice internal sequencer, I don’t have much use for MIDI either. I can tell you the internal sequencer works well even though you stated otherwise.

If you state MIDI doesn’t work and the internal sequencer is in early development beta without anything to back up your claims, you really shouldn’t be surprised if you find yourself in a discussion about it.

Because a) the gods blessed me with thin dexterous fingers, and exceptional fine motor skills, b) I like hardware, c) samples dont sound right to me, d)I have a slight proclivity toward four part lists.
:wink:

3 Likes