Behringer 909 clone $299 in production

5 Likes

I’m actually surprised that they’ve chosen to go down the drum machine clone route. It will be interesting to see how it sells compared to the Model D as I’m not sure there’s the same market demand for vintage analog drum sounds as there is for vintage analog synths.

FWIW I own both a Sub 37 and a Model D and am quite happy with both.

3 Likes

I’d say a lot of techno DJ’s will be feeling this and great way to move into production from djing

I don’t really see the point in this product (I think Roland nailed it with the TR8S). I guess it’s mostly about nostalgia.

1 Like

It’s for people who value the fact that something is analogue over most other considerations. For the rest of us there’s the TR-8(s).

2 Likes

Probably yes… there’s still a lot of believers out there.

1 Like

Which are identical to the Roland 808 and 909 on the cloud, so you don’t even need hardware if you are ITB. I think Fin25 nailed it, for some people, it has to be analogue to be authentic…

Its cheap, it has individual outs and its analogue- it will sell a bunch.

PS- I have a Deepmind 12 and a Neutron, they sound great - Behringer realy can pull this off- an identical clone of a 909 for what will probably hit the shops at 250 bucks…thats an analogue drum machine for ‘control surface’ prices…

2 Likes

No doubt, I’ve got a TR-8 that I’m very happy with and don’t consider myself an analogue purist but I’m getting a little GAS looking at it. I think it’s the individual outs. The only thing that annoys me about the TR-8, not enough outs.

2 Likes

The worst about TR-8 outputs is not the quantity IMO but the fact that you have to restart the unit to assign them… thankfully, this is solved with the TR-8S (along with quantity)

2 Likes

Ooh, it looks even better than the og 909!

I’m buying both RD808 & RD909, no doubt about it.

2 Likes

You are kidding!

1 Like

nope. I was never a fan of the og colourscheme. Blasphemy, I know

808 on the otherhand always looked badass. The RD808 certainly loses that fight on the catwalk

1 Like

With the new features maybe works well with the MDUW really like the 909 sound this is like a good option and can be moded. but more open to look how drum machines evolve for the mid of 2019

I dont think think the original had a ‘wave designer’ or analog filter built in either, long live the clones!

Overpriced
Reduce the price by 300 bucks and maybe worth a look

1 Like

everything I’ve ever purchased in my entire life , unless i’ve only paid for actual costs, has been ‘overpriced’…every sandwich , elastic band, pencil, blah blah blah.

or second hand.

i get what it is and can therefor choose if i purchase it or spend on the original .
ive also purchased many sample packs , some of which include the 909 … at some point how is that different to what behringer are doing (taking another companies product / sound , reformatting it , selling it at a profit with no money going to roland ?) .

3 Likes

You want them to give you the 909 and 1 buck right :wink:

1 Like

Yeah good point.
Maybe $350 less

5 Likes

A god dam nice looking clone

1 Like

For the price of both B808/909 one could buy a Digitakt plus the 2323 Soundpack and have the sound of both plus a bazillion others …