Behringer 2600

The BARP is an inexpensive and instantaneous wall of modular for any desk.

2 Likes

:-1:t6:

Genuinely impressed with how this sounds

2 Likes

Yeah me too. I’m totally sold on this thing.

1 Like

I spent a year building the ttsh. Dont know how i feel lmao. But i learnt good skills and its a story to tell i guess.

hah, actually thought I was in a different topic :laughing:
Was talking about the pro 3.

However, this 2600 seems to be quite something as well :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Pro 3 seems amazing. I would get it if i diddnt have some hardware already

1 Like

well yeah of course. it’s just that otherwise it looks “finished” then they got a little sloppy with the drill :rofl:

haha. love that you’re not impressed by their System 100 or 50 but are with this! I wasn’t too impressed by it, but there’s not much to be heard yet. it sounded 2600-like in the same way that the Arturia 2600V does, basically.

As said before , totally open for them to sound really good. I just need some proof! :slight_smile:

…Neutron…

1 Like

Just look at their other synths for proof, play a Model D in person with headphones, or the Neutron, the sound is undeniably huge and really excellent. Of course, I want to hear more demos too, because we really have only heard a few short moments of audio through youtube.

I don’t agree. I thought it sounded thin and woolly.

Interesting, maybe my ears are not working properly and I heard phantom frequencies :wink:

I’ve also seen many people posting on various forums that the Novation Peak sounds thin and brittle and lacks bass, which is beyond ridiculous for anyone that owns one to hear, so almost nothing would surprise me.

3 Likes

I think it’s maybe about the richness. Obviously the bass notes are played, but it’s not as full as like an OB6.

Your ears are fine, it’s arguably needing to lose weight, it’s hardly thin, objectively

This 2600 sounds delicious but it’s rather big

3 Likes

Agreed, excellent sounding synth and for 300€ nonetheless, one could even be bold and compare it to something costing 2000€ :slight_smile: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Compare 10:40 to about 4:04; 2:43 to 4:35

M32 has a much richer, more precise tone. And definitely at high PWM the Neutron just starts getting fuzzy whereas the Mother sings.

BUT AS ALWAYS YMMV AND IMO and all that

2 Likes

I have one - i don’t need to compare with anything to know how it sounds which is of course something that can be varied, but of the many many monos i have i can assure you this is not thin, objectively - how it compares to a sine wave or a this that or the other is not the point - it has a properly good hefty core sound something one couldn’t say about the A4 - anyway - this is not to say it’s the last word in sound design, how is the weight of a Moog ladder filter when you crank the resonance up - by contrast, it’s easy to cherry pick stuff, the Neutron filter is not out after resonance - but this is a topic for 2600 chat, they seem to have an industry expert of sorts on board so no doubt it’ll be decent

2 Likes

You’re comparing YT videos? Man you’ve got to talk about synths in terms of personal experience if you’re gonna slam a synth IMO, YT videos don’t tell you the whole story or even part of it in many cases. At best a YT video is going to tell me if I think something sounds cool, with the caveat that I know it’s going to sound different & always better in real life. That’s why I’m thinking this 2600 sounds cool in the super limited little amount of sound heard, but I know I’ve gotta get my real ears up on it to know. I thought we would have a third video up today of solid audio, but nothing yet!

I don’t know why, but every video from loopop sounds extremely dull, I don’t know what kind of setup he is rocking but it sounds bad.

Last post.

@avantronica I agree its a kind of heavy. But it’s different.

@Hawk Well, I mean, can you meet me at the shop?? I was hoping by comparing, yes, YT videos but by the same authors it would provide some idea of what I am talking about. Imagine those differences IRL?

I am not trying to drag anyone’s personal synth choices. I would not do that. I just wanted to point out that it is deniably huge :wink: