Behringer 2600

I would love a gray version. I’m a sucker for the colors on the Korg.

3 Likes

Quite like the form factor, not a fan of the multi colour LEDs though, plain red would be nicer IMHO, also would prefer the mkI look.

I reckon £699/$799/€749

5 Likes

I would also prefer red leds, I think the price might be a little higher but you’re probably close.

1 Like

Too many blinkenlights for me :rofl:

You can turn them off completely.

2 Likes

But I’D STILL KNOW THEY WERE THERE :joy:

5 Likes

My experience with those kinds of sliders is that you can replace the LEDs with a bit of care

1 Like

Probably yes. All moot to me as I have the 2600 FS on order anyway… :fist:t2:

6 Likes

And put on even more colors to really annoy people – that’s why i’d do that.

3 Likes

Damn that looks great! I feel like my studio is going to infested with that ugly behringer logo soon.
Short list:
RD9
TD3
Cat
Wasp
2600 (maybe the Odyssey too)
System 50

Crazy part is I could probably buy most if not all of that for the price of the new Nord Wave 2.

2 Likes

Don’t mind the Aestetics if it stays in tune :pray:t2:

1 Like

Bodyssey sounds really well and a good contrast to some of my other synths. Highly recommended.

Is it just me or do these faders look like you need tweezers compared to the ones on the Korg? Is that just the price to pay to make it fit in a rack?

2 Likes

That might be the reason too – compared to the FS. Add to that that the FS weighs 67 pounds, with the keyboard. That’s a little unfair of me to put the keyboard into the comparison as the B2600 has none.

Actually to be fair it looks compact but usable without tweezers.

What’s a good keyboard to put with this?

I know that Behringer is working on a video with this combined with an MS-1, the keyboard they seem to always use for a controller with there semi-modulars. No ! not with my B2600.

Maybe the new Arturia Keystep Pro with the 4 – CV, Gate, Mod outputs.

I’ve already got Novation SLM3 that would work.

On first look it seems that the LEDs might have some kind of colour coding. Wouldn’t this be helpful?

why couldn’t they make the 1/4" outputs aligned properly?

13 Likes

Haha I couldn’t take my eyes off that but I just chalked it up to being a prototype, even though it looks almost slick enough to be production ready he does keep mentioning that it is still just the second prototype. Pretty funny though.

I don’t have any experience or knowledge of the original 2600, but I like the multi-colored LEDs it reminds me of a Christmas tree :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Prototype

Scheduled to appear at Superbooth - a surprise to no one I’m sure.

2 Likes