Baseball discussion

Funny coincidence. Thanks for posting that.

2 Likes

Alright, alright, alright

1 Like

That many it turns out.

1 Like

Could turn out to be the GOAT!

Or Vladdy :smiley:

Well, that was a thriller.

And to top it off, White Sox can’t stop hitting home runs tonight. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, I wasn’t able to tune in until the 8th but it was was exciting. Three run homer in the 10th, killer stop at first in the 9th, pitchers throwing hard all around. Jays were looking good right to the end.
I like a game that’s too close to call until it’s over. However, your Sox are absolutely crushing the Twinkies right now. Ouch.

2 Likes

and the Tigers pummeling Cleveland. Baltimore sweeps the Asterisks @ Houston!!?? I love baseball.

I was gonna go to that Padres @ Reds game tonight, as it’s the end of their $10 ticket with vaccination proof promo. But some family stuff came up. I really wanted to see Tatis Jr.

1 Like

Subway series is the free game of the day on MLB app, though it’s currently delayed.

1 Like

Go Mets!

I’m co watching Sox @ Detroit and Padres @ Philly.
And I got a buddy at Cubs @ Reds celebrating his anniversary sending me great pics:

4 Likes

Ugh, I have a friend moving to Puerto Rico next week and we have a non-stop group text about baseball through the season. We discussed heading up for the game tonight, but it never happened. Flawless weather here in Louisville, so I’m sure Cincy is pretty similar. Sure looks like it based on that picture.

1 Like

Live baseball is the only way watching baseball works for me. It’s so anachronistic of an experience as to still be novel. I love going to our local minor league team. All the silly sponsor interaction or the cheap beer for the rest of the inning if the next hitter gets on base. That type of stuff is awesome! And some pretty good ball too.

I used to be an Expos fan until they moved. The American League team I sort of followed were the A’s. Watching on TV is pretty trying for me though especially now that it looks like watching video games. No thanks.

I used to be a fan up until the steroid era silliness. Then I fell off.

Indy was the same today. Damn near perfection.

I understand all of that. I like the tv coverage less and less all the time. I don’t need to see a box drawn on the screen to show me where the strike zone is. Haha.
If you have access to watching a game in the flesh it really is hard to complete with. That or actually playing. I also like it on the radio as that was a big part of my childhood but it has to be a good announcer.

1 Like

Jays and Sox both looked great yesterday.

Tough loss for Mariners though, anemic late inning offense from both teams in that game.
The AL wildcard race is tightening up, I hope it stays this tight through the second half of the season.

1 Like

Easy for you to say… with the Sox sitting comfortably in first place :sweat_smile:

You’re right though, it could be a tight race right down to the end.

2 Likes

Sox definitely have it on easy street until ASG. The entire rest of the division will be beating up on itself in divisional matchups, while the Sox go to Baltimore for 3 days of batting practice :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah, that was a rough one. The Ms have always had a hard time with the Yankees.
Our AL west number 3 position is looking tenuous right now. We’ll see how this next series goes.

1 Like

As a Yankees fan, I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. The way they have been playing this year, last night’s win was unexpected.

New city connect threads arrived today.
I swear I cursed Nick Madrigal by ordering this, he got injured two weeks later.

2 Likes

I would check eBay, especially if you want a variety to choose from.