Baseball discussion

Don’t count out the Jays just yet. They’ve had a tough schedule so far, and didn’t really even get Springer into the lineup until last week. They’re bullpen has been shaky but they should soon have some impact arms coming back from the IL. If they can stay within striking distance, I expect some meaningful deals to be made before the deadline.

1 Like

I haven’t counted them out but they got a whole lot of Boston and TB in their July agenda . Plus some interleague Mets away (no DH) games.

Tough division. Good chance both wild cards come from that division.
Jays really need to get their actual home field back.

You’re right though. A good trade or two could make a big difference.

Those games against Tampa and Boston could make or break their year. If they take those series, they could climb quickly but if they lose, they might quickly find themselves out of contention. Hopefully they don’t waste this year. Their lineup is stacked. Slim Daddy Vladdy is finally showing why scouts gave him an 80 grade hit tool.

Yes, hopefully the border opens soon so they can get back to having home games in Toronto (and Seattle :wink: )

1 Like

I’ll def be watching most of those games.

Sox’ July is looking pretty yawn-enducing but with all the injuries maybe they’ll still manage to raise my blood pressure.

1 Like

I like to listen on the radio, but the quality of coverage has really dropped over the last few years. This year, for some reason they’ve switched to simulcast the tv announcers. Used to spring for the MLB app, but last couple years there’s been a blackout on Jays games for all of Canada. Frustrating. Boo-urns.

I’d appreciate it if the White Sox could please beat up on the Cleveland team so they slip out the wildcard race and maybe consider trading JRam to the Jays for a bucket of baseballs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cleveland are divisional nemesis so Sox take those games ultra seriously. Oooooh, did you see that Naylor injury? :woozy_face:

Ouch. Hate to see that. Pillar HBP from earlier this year was nasty too.

You sure you’re not a Cubs fan? This is peak Cubs fan mentality. lol. Guess I never saw the parallels to Seattle.

1 Like

I try to not get too emotionally involved. Too many let downs for me.

I stay quiet

1 Like

Cause I don’t want to get shot… I’m in Houston

2 Likes

I learned that lesson long ago.

Haha. I’m a little bit more cynical than your average seattle fan but the parallel definitely exists. When I briefly lived in Chicago I felt moat home with Cubs fans than Sox fans even though I’ve always liked the Sox more as a team.
Honestly we’re a better club these days but old habits die hard.

1 Like

The Padres have an exciting team, but I just can’t root for them because… Machado.

Grew up in WI and Brewers for life, but sort of rediscovered my love for baseball in the late 90s/early 00s and also really came to enjoy the Mets. My sister lives in NYC too, so I’ve managed to catch some games over the last ten years or so. So, it’s been a good start to the season for me, even though neither are going deep probably unless they can get healthy and their bats wake up.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It feels like I haven’t posted here in quite awhile, but baseball discussion on a synth forum - irresistible.

5 Likes

Lets go Blue Jays!!!

1 Like

You’re looking pretty good at the moment.

1 Like

Not too shabby.

@soulfood … how much of a lead do they need for you to feel confident about the Dub? :grimacing:

That was an entertaining game. Love Bo Bichette.

2 Likes

How fittingly, this evening’s Mariners v Jays is this week’s MLB Game of the Week, Live on the YouTube:

2 Likes