Arturia V Collection X

I wondered about this with VC 9, and was even more perplexed by their doubling down on it in VCX, until I realized: if the goal was to broaden the market for the V Collection, this makes perfect sense. It may well be that their product org looked at some numbers and decided that vintage synth recreations were reaching a saturation point, and that the only way to keep growing was to start down the Komplete route of a more comprehensive package.

That said, Arturia already has a Komplete of sorts, the Sound Explorers Collection, which bundles the FX Collection and Pigments with the V Collection. But if you look at it as three pillars - a suite of FX, a suite of instruments, and a flagship synthesizer - VC going beyond vintage recreations makes sense, even if it feels less focused from the perspective of a synth enthusiast.

1 Like

New Augmented Yangtze looks good:

https://www.arturia.com/products/software-instruments/augmented-yangtze/overview

2 Likes

I am trying to get clear whether or not the Augmented Series Woodwind, Brass, Piano, Voice, Strings, Yangtze, whatever, is officially part of the V Collection ? I don’t see why they’re not, but i am ignorant in this regard.

They were/are bundled in with V Collection. However, they have yet to be sold as an official bundle (at least I haven’t seen them offered together before in an official package). Interesting that they are starting with Augmented Series 6, as a numbered iteration (especially since it’s the first version of the collection). V Collection X has everything except Yangtze.

I don’t have V collection anymore but I really like these instruments. I guess they’ll try and add more so it becomes a collection on its own. As of the minute though it’s a tricky sell on price. V is 600 full price and 300 on sale. This is half that, but you get 6 instruments, as a pose to nearly 40.

It’s also interesting to see Arturia go deeper into the sampling game. This is made by Evolution who make some Kontakt instruments for Native Instruments.

2 Likes

Thank you. Lots of good info, that i was wondering about.

To add to these sets of products i am sort of half expecting Arturia to create more from these that will be specifically sold as sound packs for the Astrolab.

Yep, as others have mentioned in the thread, there’s an interesting split in the Arturia stuff right now. I get the sense that there’s an exceptionally strong tie with NI, because these instruments resemble the Play Series from Komplete, and now they’re using some of the same sample people, it starts to feel like an even bigger tie in (with NKS support etc.)

In a way I wonder if they should offer an Everything bundle (as they currently do) but also have a Classics bundle for the V Collection & Classic effects, and a Contemporary bundle focussing on Augmented, EFX, and some of the modern effects like Rev Intensity, Dist Coldfire and so on. That would be a smaller collection, but it’s makes some sense thematically.

Side note, I’d be interested to see if they do an Augmented Mallets instrument at some stage.

2 Likes

I’m hoping for Augmented Ganges personally…

1 Like

If you need something like that sooner, most MNTRA plugins are basically Indian raga-ROMplers. Very similar in structure and style to the Augmented series, and they even have a few free ones.

I’d also kill for Augmented mallets or drums. The V Collection is weirdly drum-free. Not that the world needs another 808 VST, but surely the Augmented team could do something cool with multi-sampled morphing drums.

Should we expect Polybrute V someday in the future? :slight_smile:

https://www.arturia.com/fr/products/software-instruments/minibrute-v/overview

3 Likes

And here it looks like Ipad version or something:

https://medias.arturia.net/images/products/minibrute-v/video-3d.mp4

This is a pretty suspicious way to present a product since right now there is nothing about ios/ipad version on Arturia website or App Store account.

Curious! I was going to say that must be a Surface, but those grills that show up in the angled shots really look like an iPad Pro.

This would potentially imply something larger afoot with regard to Arturia’s cross-platform strategy and the V Collection.

Where this could get extremely interesting is if Arturia is planning something to take advantage of the new state of the European market following the DMA and subsequent iOS policy changes, like… an independent Arturia store on iPad (EU only). The iPad could become “just another platform” where your Arturia licenses work regardless of where you purchased them, at least in the EU.

2 Likes

So, I spent some time with the demo, and it kind of made me want to have the real thing (maybe a Minibrute 2s with this cool sequencer). :slight_smile:

In my opinion, this emulation sounds really good. Applying different amounts of resonance and Brute Factor to the filter can make the synth sound so raw and huge. The UI is very straightforward, which is a huge plus (for example, the Minifreak V can be somewhat cumbersome at times), and the fact that it’s not monophonic and supports 8-voice polyphony adds a lot too.

1 Like

Interesting thought. I hope that you’re right. I would love to see Arturia desktop plugins on iPad. Just imagine having the entire V or FX collections in AUM (or any other DAW of your choice)!

1 Like

It’s that time again. The Arturia Black Friday sale has started, and V Collection X is finally seeing some serious discounts.

My VC 8 to VC X upgrade price is now $99 for the first time.

Check your up/crossgrade offers in your account: https://www.arturia.com/myarturia

3 Likes

I have the same upgrade (also from 8) but X doesn’t include the mini brute so I think I will just wait for 11!

Hey all!

Got the V collection for €99 since I already own FX collection and Pigments and some bits n bobs. About to go install it.

Question: Anyone know if it’s possible to install V Collection in another location then my other Arturia stuff? I’d like to keep the FX collection on my MacBook Air for on the move use. But I don’t have enough space for the whole V Collection. This info page suggests that it’s easy to move the folder but that it’ll move everything Arturia, is that indeed the case unfortunately?

https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405741448850-Arturia-Software-Center-ASC-Customise-your-resource-folder-location

Did you own any versions of v collection before?

I have pigments and the fx collection 4 but no earlier v collections.

My upgrade for v collection x is £149 but I’m wondering if I upgrade my fx collection to 5, which is £49 will it drop to £99

It means I pay the same amount as upgrading to X but I then get both

If that makes any sense

There’s no way you can expect that cheaper than that. It’s frankly insane considering how much some of us have invested in getting to X from 7 e.g. if it was any cheaper there couldn’t feasibly be any loyalty aspect to the price

Fwiw my FX collection 5 offer didn’t reduce when I went from 8 to X, so I’ll hang out for FX 6 as my earliest possible upgrade having been miffed by their upgrade options before now. The step to X was a good one imho as the Augmented stuff is quite impressive

149 is ridiculously low from scratch by any measurement, it’s a genuine deal and certainly value for money

1 Like

Yeah I know all that :slight_smile: that’s why was going to buy it but person above did get it cheaper than that and if I upgrade my fx and get it for same price I’ll get both.

Edit - I’ll probably get both upgrades anyway :slight_smile:

More fool me for thinking Arturia favoured their existing customers then … I have multiple hardware and fx4 and pigments and a history way back to the elicencer single plugins and even with V8, updated since v1 it was still only 99$ for me

You’re getting X for that potentially, but the chance I have of getting 11 for that next year is small, go figure. You won’t get FX cheaper, but you might luck out if you buy FX first, might.

I don’t trust the pricing offers generated and shown in the accout as I get an offer to crossgrade to two things I own already … in fact more to crossgrade to pigments 5 than I originally paid … it’s a poor algorithm

2 Likes