Arturia V Collection X

Sorry, can’t tell if that would bring your price down like that. I had a couple of other (free) things as well, and a Keystep, perhaps still an old synth or two in my account, etc, so can’t say what you’d have to do to get the cheapest upgrade path.

FWIW, I’ve seen several times the scenario which was described above:
Upgrade to latest FX first for 49, then get V for 99.
It seems it doesn’t work the other way around.

One way to find out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent

Upgrades to fx collection 5 for £49 and I got v collection x for £99

Very happy with that

1 Like

I just bought V Collection. It’s a gold mine and for 99€ it’s a steal. I only started to audition a few hundred presets and I’m quite impressed, especially by the Augmented series which deserve real praise. Very interesting in terms of sound design.

I just upgraded for $105 ($25 x 4 month plan plus $5 fee to spread it out)

Noticed I still have old duplicate versions such as piano v2 and a few others that I guess were superceded. Guess no point keeping the old ones?

1 Like

My upgrade was 150 , I had a few free plugins , keystep and micro freak

After purchase of the collection , ( and before) fx collection is 99 and pigments is 59/69 ( can’t remember )

Tempted to get fx but haven’t yet .mostly for tape delays which I already have by other companies.

You may want to keep the old ones if used in projects…

Have fun

Always have mixed feelings about these upgrades… I’m on the treadmill and often buy the new synths when they come out. It’s a great collection and full of nostalgia. But I don’t get the full use I should out of them.

With the offers on at the moment I guess V11 will be with us soon? I wonder what the couple of additions will be to tempt us in?

did the latest version of Analog Lab come with V-collection X for you guys?

If I recall correctly they have 18 month cycles, which means I’d predict V11 on for release in spring 2025

1 Like

Analog Lab V has arrived in mine

1 Like

I got V (again) earlier this year. It’s fun. I blow a bit hot & cold on it, and sometimes wonder if less might be more. But there’s a lot of utility when you just need a certain sound. It’s quite literally like a library.

The main thing I like in there are the digital synths. While analogue emultations are everywhere, there aren’t that many folks covering those 80s/90/s00s sounds, which might be timely since they’re back in fashion at the mo. Also it’s often the little random extras like just getting a Solina on a track that make a little difference. I’d rather not load a sample library to do that for the most part. And if you’re looking for random inspiration, just dive into Analog Lab and find something a bit different. The piano is nice too. Overall, it’s the ultimate utility collection of sounds.

You can sometimes find an individually better analogue emulation (eg; Softube Model 84.) Initially this put me off the V Collection, as it felt a tad off the pace compared to other options. However when I did the Model 77 demo, I found the Arturia CS-80 is actually better sounding than the Softube one (though the Softube GUI is very cool). And I much prefer Mini V to Model 72 as well. Feels like the newer instruments have a better sound and better presets in general. As they update a few at a time, that’s good news for future additions. This feels in contrast to other bundles I can think of where the additional content isn’t always an improvement on what was there before.

Agree on Augmented. I think it’s a great little series. Would love to see an Augmented Mallets version in V11. I did agree with Venus Theory that it might be cooler if it was a single instrument with all the different series inside it. Good for cinematic stuff and sound beds.

There are days when I’d maybe prefer to have a slimmed down collection or to stick with those individual plugs from other developers. But the utility of having so much in one spot is very good. If you think you want to explore something, chances are there’s a version of it within V Collection, or FX. So it can be a GAS killer at times. The in-app tutorials are great and the overall system works superbly. It’s boring but how easy things are to manage really matters and their system is about as clean as the come.

And in general, Arturia is a good company, seems to look after customers, easy to resell, deep discounts if you buy other stuff and a really easy system to manage it all.

5 Likes

Me: this YouTube jam with a Syntrx is so cool; I wonder what I could do with a synth like that…

V Collection: we have Synthi V at home

5 Likes

In terms of accuracy I think UVI is maybe bit better than Arturia. The sound is punchier and more ‘analog’, but Arturia’s GUI is so much easier. Anyway both companies offer a huge span in terms of sound design. Using an Arturia controller is definitely a plus because of the clever integration.

Yeah I like the UVI stuff. Synth Anthology 4 is cool where you’ve got a bunch of synths both old and new and a sortof XO meets Analog Lab to blend those sounds.

I’m surprised how bad the Arturia installer is on mac

If I click on a few items to install they all indicate waiting and do nothing

I can only install things if it’s done one at a time.
I clicked on something earlier and none of them would download , claiming the installer wasn’t available and I had to manually download them. I restarted and they worked again

I’m not being paid to test their apps … the plugins seem better , haven’t crashed yet.

no issues on my m4 mini or m1 14"… updated and installed all in one go on both machines.
i did make sure I had their latest plugin installer.

All my Arturia plugs stopped working for some reason this week on an M3 Mac. V collection, and a few older purchases. Crashing validation in logic 11. Reinstall hasn’t helped so far, nor prefs clearing.

The installer has always been flawless on my Macs, Intel and M3 now. Something’s wrong with your system the support should be able to fix, they are extremely reactive.

2 Likes