Arturia V Collection X

Right on schedule, Arturia has released a new V Collection:

This one is a bit of a surprise to me at least, as there’s only one “new” instrument this time around, and it’s an E-piano, the CP-70. They’ve also doubled down on the Augmented series as part of the V Collection rather than splitting it off, with Augmented Brass, Piano, and Woodwinds joining Strings and Voices.

Still, this also bundles the Arturia synths introduced since v9, Acid V and Minifreak V, and also updates the Mini and Wurli to new major versions. The Mini in particular looks like a nice upgrade.

Overall, it’s perhaps an unusually low-key update, especially for the big version 10, but it does seem like Arturia is going for a more well-rounded instrument suite as the V Collection matures.

2 Likes

Arturia should update the update process before tossing out bricks.

1 Like

I bought the last one a few weeks ago!

Edit—free update for me apparently. :+1:
Edit again —not a free update after all

1 Like

i’m on v collection 9 and did buy the minifreak in the meantime.
for me it would be only the acid-V and the minimoog update. it gives me an update price of 99 euro’s

i dont care for the augmented stuff or an electric piano, as I already own native instruments orchestral stuff and the rhodes v8 pro.

i have many other minimoog stuff (uad, softube). and have abl3 and d16 phoscycon to fill my acid needs.

So… not really much for me in here.

still itches though, been on their collections (up to date) since v collection 5 and this is the first time I’m seriously considering not to upgrade.

I have VC9, Pigments, and FX 3, all bought in the last year. VC10 is showing up as $99 (EDIT: $199) for me.

The Minifreak is tempting, but I know there’s nothing it can do that Pigments can’t also cover. The Augmented series is also underrated, but I’ll wait until next year in case they finally get around to doing an augmented mallet series.

Oh I was wondering when this would come out!

I have V Collection 9 and I’m getting and upgrade offer of $199

I would be quite interested in the Minifreak and would have been interested in Acid, but recently bought the D16 303 so I don’t really need it (You can’t have too much acid though right?)

I’m not really that interested in the Augmented stuff it kind of feels like a Kontakt library, or something although I do sometimes use the Voices.

It will be interesting to see what the update to Mini V does. It seemed very much the last place contender when I watched a Moog emulation roundup with the previous version.

At the moment I’m thinking I probably won’t upgrade, but watch this space.

Whoops, miswrote. I also have $199. Fixed in the edit, so as to not make Arturia’s pricing even more confusing than it already is!

1 Like

I don’t use the augmented stuff, so I don’t think the $199 upgrade price is worth it for Acid, CP70 and MinifreakV. I would probably only use CP70 and it’s not that strong of a desire to use.

I would love to not have to pay for upgrades to Mini and Wurli.

I think this one is a pass for me, I’ve started to use the Arturia stuff less and less.
varying UI’s and features haven’t lately been enough to punch against the simplicity and streamlined workflows of ableton, max and fors instruments.

1 Like

Deleted my comment to avoid confusion.

V Collection is great as you only need to update it every second year and preferably near black friday so it only costs 99€. That’s the best value for money there is to be found in plug-in synths. I’ve been on V Collection since version 4 and that’s a proven tactic.

6 Likes

Yeah, a free update would surprise me since this isn’t the Arturia ‘scheme’ of releases. They do this every year: black-friday on old/current version at upgrade price… new version right after… both charged.

I’m off it now. Kind of bugs me actually, and @299 I’m really not interested.

1 Like

That’s what I did when I was on the Komplete bandwagon, looks like that’s what I’ll do with V Collection too.

When the $99 deals come around, if you don’t already have Acid V then that softsynth alone is worth the upgrade.

Since I’ve already got Acid V, I’ll wait until VC 11 or an upgrade price that is too good to pass up.

4 Likes

That’s strange. I own Acid B and Minifreak V, and it’s still €149. Previous years updates were cheaper.

Anyway, CP-70, Augmented stuff, and updated Moog and Wurly are boring.

2 Likes

I have V9 and my upgrade price is $399. I must not be looking in the correct place. Although I did see I can upgrade just the Wurli and Mini for $49 each. Tempted on the Wurli since I use that constantly.

V collection 8 + minifreak here- they want 299 for the upgrade, that would be a hard pass from me even when its 50% off (I really don’t want/need the Augment stuff and have the Roland and Phosycon2 303s already!)

Its a bit disappointing for the big ‘10’ I think

1 Like

V Collection 8. No minifreak and also $299 offer to upgrade.

Didn’t see much in 9, and definitely nothing of interest in 10.

The mini v4 has definitely improved and is on par with Softube model 72.

I will play the Whurli and CP-70 next. I also need to check out these new presets they added on. Definitely a vanilla upgrade for me.

I hope that in v collection 11 that modular V gets reworked now that mini sounds better.

199 € from 9 … no thank you :roll_eyes::neutral_face: looks like they are taking the native instruments route :face_vomiting:

1 Like

That’s quite a steep upgrade price. At 100 bucks I’d consider it to stay on edge. I wonder if Arturia will sell a lot of updates at these prices…

This is pretty normal for Arturia, all things considered. My first V Collection was 5, I skipped 6 and 7, and my “introductory offer” for 8 was not much of an offer, so I stayed a holdout. Eventually, though, there was a big sale where I was able to get VC 8 + SQ-80 V (which wouldn’t join the collection until VC 9) for much less, and I happily took them up on that one.

3 Likes