Arturia MicroFreak

I think Arturia gets the basic idea right (synth) but gets lost in the details ( promo video, graphics).

2 Likes

Better than cheap stickers on the Model:Something-or-other ā€“ just my opinion.

Micro%20Freak%20Graphic

ADDED: But donā€™t you know they will be varying these endlessly in Specai Editions, as they have with the MicroBrute, etc.

Everything about this looks awesome. Pre-ordered.

2 Likes

Right but how about the magic third option of nothing. Seems odd to force such a particular aesthetic on a user. I would literally never buy this because I dislike those designs so much. Weird choice imo.

3 Likes

i see. true.
very interesting overall

Black electrical tape is your friend if it looks that bad to you :wink:

I like the graphic personally (judging from 4 inch phone screenā€¦)

1 Like

Very good point. I suppose a blank sticker maybe in order in that case.

1 Like

Drop a few hundred on a new instrument then immediately cover it in tape that youā€™ll have to spend hours removing years down the road when you want to sell it? Yā€™all are wild. Hopefully theyā€™ll just release a version that isnā€™t covered in cheap art nouveau references because itā€™s an interesting synth under all that.

2 Likes

This seems to be an instant contender for NAMM winner. Cringey video.

Love the product, hate the presenter. Certainly better than the inverse of that(especially after last timeā€¦)

2 Likes

Iā€™m reminded of Void/ Jakob Pencaā€™s spray painted A4, in this moment:

Seriously hope that guyā€™s alive/ doing well. His absence has been felt.

11 Likes

Also interesting are a series of buttons above the keyboard using the same capacitive technology. Not sure on all the functions but it does include the Spice button and the Dice button. And the arrowy strip on the right ā€“ is that like a slider or something?

ADDED: The strip is pitch bend.

3 Likes

Matrixbrute is great too

3 Likes

Up to you mate. To me itā€™s just a graphic on an instrument. Couldnā€™t really care less about it. I find the behringer neutron hideous to look at but hasnā€™t stopped me considering grabbing oneā€¦ but yeah, if enough people arenā€™t buying cos of the graphic Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll offer one without at some point :slight_smile:

Apparently they didnā€™t get Mutable Instrumentsā€™ permission to use their oscillators. Which is legal (I think?) because theyā€™re open source, but still pretty shitty of arturia. Emilieā€™s comments on reddit:

Update: this is now resolved, arturia took note and reworded their site. Please read the rest of the thread before getting angry :wink:

18 Likes

i aint even mad at the video. itā€™s kind of cheesy but itā€™s different and at least something visually stimulating. I like the way it sounds in it too, and the nice little camera zoom ins on the hardware that transitions to the rendered line art. pretty slick

Isnā€™t it neat how weā€™re all different?

Oh WOW fck that.

Fine put them in cause open source but be low key about it not make it a selling point.

Whelp. Saved me 300usd.

3 Likes

Wtf :confused: Mmm.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Wow. Not a good lookā€¦

1 Like