Arturia MicroFreak

• Synthesizer with 192 preset slots and 128 factory presets

• 11 Digital oscillator with variable mode, including collaborations with Mutable Instruments

• Analog State Variable Filter, 12dB/octave, resonant, Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass

• ADSR envelope

• Cycling Envelope offering two modes
    Envelope
    LFO

• LFO with Sync: Sine, Tri, Saw, Square, Random, Slew Random

• Modulation matrix with 5 sources and 7 destinations (3 custom destinations)

• Monophonic or Paraphonic modes - Up to 4 voices

• 25-key capacitive keybed with polyphonic aftertouch

• Capacitive touch strip

• Crisp OLED display for editing and parameter values

• Powerful arpeggiator
    Up, Order, Random, Pattern modes
    Spice & Dice Gate randomizers

• 64-step sequencer
    2 patterns per preset
    4 automation tracks per preset

• CV / Gate / Mod outputs

• USB, Clock and MIDI in and out

• 6.35mm master and 3.5mm headphone output

Instrument size : 12.2 x 9.2 x 2.2 inches (311 x 233 x 55mm)
Instrument weight : 2.3 lbs. (1.02 Kg)

Among the multiple modes of MicroFreak’s synth engine, you’ll be able to select the open source Plaits oscillators created by modular pioneers Mutable Instruments.

Soon available
349$/299€ -Spring

first Demo:

[NAMM '19] : OMG! Who didn’t sell out or let down?

whaaaaaaat

wowza - interesting

edit : possibly an understatement - really really into this one - love the concept, kudos

Arturia are terrible at promos.

video promo = horrendous! :joy: … the synth is interesting tho. Sad to see full-size midi i/o becoming a thing of the past. :disappointed_relieved:

MI Plaits in a box!

MADNESS

Cool looking keys though. I’m a sucker for wavetable and digital synths, so I’m definitely interested.

The video looks like some 90s Nickelodeon thing. But the synth looks like it might be cool. The price is attractive.

Did they use the same director and producer for the promo as Roland used to use for their 90’s grooveboxes? If it is meant to be a parody then that is some top trolling, if it is not then it is still hilarious but in a different way.

Synth looks quite interesting but the promo video doesn’t convince me, it is like they are trying too hard :joy:

The video rode the line between amusing and cheese, but the synth is genuinely one of the most interesting things to come out recently. Looks like it’ll be $349 which seems insane for all that’s packed in there.

Wonder if they’ll ever make a good promo vid? But once we get some demos of this in the right hands I imagine it will be a no brainer.

Nope they won’t

From now on all promo videos should be done by either Cenk or Baseck, with Nick Batt looking bemused in the background.

Cringe.

check out the actual demos - pretty nice.

I was emailed about this on Tuesday but it was “embargoed” until 6pm UK today - but the cat’s out of the bag now anyway!

It seems their promo department must be also run by the same person handling their customer service department.

That “Sello” demo, OOOF! Give me those JP8080 vibes please!

Looks good. Wack video but who cares. Interesting product, good connectivity, good price. Arturia moving forward.

I spit out my coffee at 1:04.
Jesus pose, followed by simple one note solo.

Agree, the music and video is terrible at showcasing the product

Sounds great on paper though and nice price