Arturia MicroFreak

Actually capacitive touch keyboards (done right) can be extremely expressive, due to no key travel the pressure control can feel very precise.

1 Like

https://www.arturia.com/products/hardware-synths/microfreak/details says “This has some exciting applications within MicroFreak itself, but also for MPE and polyphonic aftertouch-enabled virtual instruments when MicroFreak is used as a MIDI controller”… I guess it could just be partial MPE with no x/y and only z though

2 Likes

Arturia Promos have always been crap. The synth is absolutely awesome!

1 Like

I guess as this is ‘micro’ freak, they ‘might’ have a larger one in the works with onboard fx + MI contributing clouds/similar…

It´s a mono synth…i would guess mono output.

Some plaits algos have different stuff happening L/R but guessing not those on this…

Then the demo’s have some serious stereo fx processing on them…

Of course!

On the Keystep, yes.

1 Like

That was amazing!!!

Not to mention that you also got 4 lanes of Parameter Locking in the sequencer. That´s another 4 modulation sources with multiple destinations additionally…per Step…

3 Likes

I really dont think this is for me but the splic/dice sequencer option looks pretty cool.

2 Likes

Yes that and the unusual synth voices make it a very tempting (edit: pretty irresistible) offer , at €299…

2 Likes

would be interesting to know how many sequencer-tracks this has…

Surprising and very cool.
Love MI. Plaits in a monosynth. His algos sound great on their own, without any analog filter.
But I think that the Matrix and Minibrute 2 sound much better than the first Mini and Microbrute. If the analog sound is close to them, this should be a great match

The Arturia site says:

64-step sequencer

* 2 patterns per preset
* 4 automation tracks per preset

Not sure if that answers your question though.

2 Likes

didn’t see this, thanks!

But no fan of mini-jack MIDI. The ones on my Circuit Mono Station feel super flimsy and fragile.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Live Stream @ NAMM?

Good reference here, thank you tdmusic.

The Spice and Dice (generative music) feature on the sequencer is very nice. (Play the sample below the “Spice and Dice” section at this site.)

And the samples are good here too.

3 Likes