Arturia MicroFreak

11 Likes

This track is so overwhelming.
Thanks for sharing.

I know this uses a lot of braids code and was touted as a collaboration with mutable instruments, I read an article on Ɖmilie gillet yesterday and apparently there was no collaboration, bit poor of Arturia to use the code in a mass produced product if that is the case, I know itā€™s open source but they must have made good profit from this product

Already discussed in January, and resolved by statement from Mutable Instruments.

4 Likes

Would be fair from Arturia to share some microfreak revenues with MI.
From a marketing perspective it would help both companies.

Indeed this is old news and pretty much settled far as i can tell.

But relative Ɖmilie Gillet and Mutable Instruments that is recent news, and off topic to this thread, would be the likely abandonment of Clouds 2 and perhaps all new Eurorack stuff from Mutable.
Anyone interested in starting a thread for this?

more

4 Likes

Cheers for that, Just read through the thread, must have missed it, seems to have been some kind of misunderstanding between the two of them

Yeah every damn forum talked about it when it was first announced. What I find unbelievable was Emilie herself being put through the wringer for ā€œbeing too passiveā€.

Anyway, I would prefer to respect what she said:

ā€œIf you care about me, move on!ā€

Source: https://forum.mutable-instruments.net/t/about-the-microfreak/14878

Of course some people donā€™t really care about Emilieā€¦

3 Likes

Very nice!

12 posts were split to a new topic: Touch Plate Synths : Easel vs MicroFreak thoughts?

MicroFreak sequencing BlackBox:

2 Likes

Thanks, was having a heck of a time trying to find it in the manual!

Itā€™s fully programmable from the software, yet limited to single surface selections, as the shift doesnā€™t allow for additional

Your spelling of the Freak makes me want to eat some d rugs

2 Likes

It could be easy enough to fabricate a housing for the guts to be mounted into.

Iā€™ve invented an 8-voice paraphonic, bi-timbral, stereo, 4-octave MicroFreak:

11 Likes

You might want to call it ā€œbinauralā€ too :wink:

Is there a polychain in the midi config?

Not that I know of.

DAMN these presets are SICK!

9 Likes