Arturia MicroFreak

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Hey Elektron R&D: put this thread in your spreadsheet. :wink:

9 Likes

Usb powered too. Nice partner for my new DT!

1 Like

7 modes from Plaits + wavetables etc with sequencer and poly aftertouch . .Wow
!

3 Likes

From the Arturia site:

Physical modelling, wavetable synthesis, virtual analog … MicroFreak features 13 awesome oscillators, 5 bespoke Arturia engines, and 8 modes from our partners at Mutable Instruments.

2 Likes

3 assignable destinations in the mod matrix sounds fun

Great Price. Great feature set. Great collaboration with M.I. I liked the video but I’m a grumpy old b*stard.

2 Likes

You can hear the different OSC here :

5 Likes

Which also means it would be easy to set up a remote battery power source too.

1 Like

Bravo!!:heart_eyes:

Dang this looks awesome, I’m mainly interested in the MI Collab and using it as another sequencer for my M32/0-Coast setup.

Oh no I can feel it bubbling up, dreaded GAS from reaches unknown!

1 Like

I refuse to call it by that full name. From hereon out its the Arturia MF. :smirk:

2 Likes

Re the promo video (not too labour the point) aside from the absolute cringiness it didn’t really give a good impression of the synths capabilities and focussed instead on some marketing departments idea of cool. It was as bad as that Roland boutique one a few years back where there were 3 teens on gameshow style podiums throwing body parts around whilst twiddling knobs :joy:

MicroFreak%20Mod%20Matrix

The 5 x 7 mod matrix has this display and control (at the upper left of the synth).

ADDED: Notice the three vertical slots on the right with little buttons for selectable choices, very much like the MatrixBrute. That stretches the size effectively above the 5 x 7.

3 Likes

This is what i wanted from Elektron. Multi digital synthesis with analog multi mode filter :slight_smile:

7 Likes

cute little micromatrix

2 Likes

Are those pin headers?

no, just LEDs

3 Likes

If you are asking about the mod-matrix – no those are LEDs.

1 Like

Actually this is pretty awesome. Think I’ll pick one up. I’m going to change the knobs for M.I ones.