Arturia MicroFreak

The mutable instruments collab sounds really cool

1 Like

Me! Itā€™s amazingly cringe worthy yet Iā€™m still very keen to hear more about the synth. Win-win for me :slight_smile:

Hopefully it doesnā€™t have that typical Arturia ā€œbrute factorx10000ā€ sound, I find that I donā€™t like the sound of anything analog that Arturia have made so far, it always sounds like bad VA/harsh/digital to me, but I really do like some of the features they add, their build quality also always looks nice, and I think their pricing is very reasonable. This new one certainly looks the part it would be quite ironic to me if I like the sound of it given how I feel about their analog stuff, Iā€™m definitely not an analog purist, but I do like analog to not sound as precise as their stuff sounds to me.

I look forward to hearing more from this, even though I probably wonā€™t get one, the specs and features look very interesting so Iā€™d never rule it out based on my feelings about previous Arturia stuff.

5 Likes

All these diverse features and sounds in a portable 1 kg package.

• Instrument size : 12.2 x 9.2 x 2.2 inches (311 x 233 x 55mm)
  • Instrument weight : 2.3 lbs. (1.02 Kg)
2 Likes

OMFG :rofl:

18 Likes

OK a lot of people do slow down to look at a car wreck. (And granted the video is a car wreck,)

Fair play, some of them samples sound pretty good.

1 Like

Any onboard fx on this?

Firmly on radar either way.

Wow ā€¦ this is a cool name and a powerhouse synth. Must resist

CV/gate and Pressure outā€¦ Nice!

4 Likes

Waiting for the MiniFreak or the MatrixFreak!

But in all seriousness Iā€™m waiting for more demos! Seems nice! Especially as a mean to control CV stuff.

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™d been considering picking up the little TE pocket modular keyboard. Possibly not nowā€¦Tho the individually tuneable Keys on the TE is still a big +.

1 Like

But if you canā€™t the damage is only $350 / 300ā‚¬.

2 Likes

Can you typically transpose sequences via keyboard on arturia keyboards? Never used oneā€¦

Iā€™m waiting for the nanofreak a module version sans keyboard with the sequencer :wink:

3 Likes

ha - I thought was above all this gas business - I really want to hear if the filter is as sweet as a SEM if thatā€™s where they were going with it - digital osc and sem filter in such a hands-on format is really attractive especially with its look and twists - really sweet on paper and competitively priced - super exciting - havenā€™t exhausted the specs, but only having some FX on board could have made this a bit more of a test of will - very desirable product nonetheless - yes the promo is truly awful, but so what

5 Likes

But no input sadly. Paired with a semi mod would be a sick duo.

1 Like

Thatā€™s how it gets us all, the new shiny is more addictive than sugar or crack :wink:

4 Likes

Alas thereā€™s no NanoBrute AFAIK.

Pico then? :smile:

1 Like