Arturia MicroFreak

I hope you are joking. Growing up in the 70’s things were much worse than today, I know because I lived through it. Growing up in the 40’s was much worse than the 70’s, etc.

Not in any way saying that today is perfect, but overall things get better as time goes on.

1 Like

I’m not comparing eras. I’m just saying that as it stands atm and in the time Millenials have come up in things are bad.

I hope you’re right about getting better. Esp re climate change.

2 Likes

These posts will get flags - I’m seeing them - let’s get back to Arturia etc asap and at least make some part of the post relevant

Doing my bit then … wondering if/how Brexit will be significant as a purchasing factor for UK buyers - the pre-order price of £265 is super decent

kinda going off the prominence of the graphics on the slanted section now the videos show it clearer, but every demo suggests this synth has one huge Sonic and playability sweet spot tied with a capable seq - irrespective of where they take the range I think the small cheap mono/para version is the one for me (usb power-able too for mobile folks)

1 Like

My retirement plan is ‘hope the tsunami washes me away somewhere nice’

6 Likes

Problem solved. Arturia have changed the text on the website.
Now you can open your wallets again. :smiley:

14 Likes

YAAAAAS.

so this synth bru wooooooweeee. I really do not have the space.

But it is about the size of that iPad sittin there :thinking:

If true, then you should be extremely happy for them… This is a true opportunity for them to be seen by those who may have never gotten the opportunity to experience them… And Arturia is perfectly willing to give them that exposure with what sounds and appears to be the right representation of MI… MI has a signature sound and I’m hearing it in this MicroFreak thing… Have you listened yet?

2 Likes

Chalk up another win to those meddling millennial SJWs :wink:

6 Likes

I still think that not checking out if using the Mutable Instrument brand as part of marketing is OK is a faux pass from Arturia, and kinda dumb considering how it would not taken an overwhelming amount of effort to get some kind of a response.

EDIT: I’m more or less cool with this since it’s ok with Emilie and the synth is very interesting to me, I just feel like it was something of a foot in mouth moment for Arturia.

It’s good to see that Arturia has updated their marketing copy.

3 Likes

Its Not a CC its an MIT license for the Code. The Hardware is under CC 3.0

They also removed the demo video from the top of the page. Looks like someone at Arturia has listened and learned…

2 Likes

Lol I’m not sure which the bigger win is here :yum:

1 Like

yes, WE care :rofl: !!!

1 Like

Elektronauts… Wow… For everyone’s sake, I hope the MicroFreak is a huge success…:blush:

2 Likes

Oh the irony of facebook, another topic for another day, but probably/definitely not here.

4 Likes

Just wanna say, I admire the civility that for the most part people are maintaining here.

7 Likes

I think it’s a totally needed conversation. Postcolonialist scholars don’t think we should move on but address it.

Both parties have addressed it in their ways. I for one am content to buy this monster.

1 Like

For sure. OT up the wahoo but a real convo.

1 Like