Arturia MicroFreak

I’m loving this thing so far. I would love to buy this and not feel guilty. C’mon Arturia, just a quick PR statement to calm the forums and MI fans would be all it takes.

I thought this was mono? I’m seeing him play chords in demo videos now? Oh, “Paraphonic with up to 4 voices”. Does this mean you can play 4 note chords, but all run through one filter? (sorry if this has been answered up-thread.)

1 Like

Get her a Bass Station 2 instead. A much better synth to learn on.

1 Like

Behringer MS-101 … it’s out in Spring I thing but it going to be 299$

1 Like

But even this first part seems ambiguous to me - from what has been posted by MI it would appear that MI did endorse the use or at least by being in talks with them perhaps gave that impression?

Again, not defending Arturia or their handling of it, but it looks to me more like a mistake rather than anything intentionally duplicitous.

1 Like

I think they should release a new keystep with this sequencer and keys

1 Like

Well they did say this is a new range of products so maybe the touch keys will appear on other stuff.

1 Like

well, this thread has been quite the rollercoaster… undoubtedly this is a really interesting synth and the MI code certainly adds to it. And then I was pleased to discover that this doesn’t make my recently invested-in Plaits redundant in any notable way. But then reading of the misrepresentation of the nature of the collab leaves an awkward taste in the mouth… not Behringer weird, but nevertheless my enthusiasm is dampened.

It’s not like there is any hurry for this, so I’ll be content to sit, wait and see how it pans out and then decide if it’s something I’m comfortable with.

I’m very impressed at the ethics of the people here. I had no idea everyone would be so upset over this MI collab conundrum.

Props to to the nauts

7 Likes

Are u Sure this isnt only the license for MIs Hardware? I think she uses an MIT Open Source license for the algos.
Code (STM32F projects): MIT license.

Actually in other Forums ppl are upset too. This was clearly a very Bad Marketing Idea to call this a collab. This Shit Hits the Fan…

I hear you guys, hopefully Arturia soon recognizes they did goof up. Upon reading the word colab I imagined the two parties working as a team and it boosted my interest due to both being talented and different… all that said it looks very awesome and I preordered it with great ecstasy.

Interesting from the live demo (not that promo video) it seems like the polyphonic after touch really makes up for the parphonic side of it… super lively and nice sounding the little that got played in that mode.

1 Like
4 Likes

I wonder how the next product in the Model: series will compare to this. Think Elektron will go the route of a built in keyboard? 6 voice paraphonic (in keeping with M:S)?
Can’t help but feel like Elektron dropped the ball on not releasing a synth product along the with the M:S —considering its essentially just a simplified DT, you’d think it should take them too long to produce the next unit in that line.

TLDR, I wonder in this will serve as an impetuous for elektron to expedite their production process on the next Model box

Beginning of a new range?

Yep if I’m not mistaken it is

Man those random gate and random sequencer functions are dope

1 Like

This is the first Arturia product that has really made me sit up an take notice.
Loads of sequencer memories (192x2).

Has a lot of what I love about my Monologue in it, but in a very different flavor.

Right on!

4 Likes

I’m out.

But buy it? It better be fckn incredible…

19 Likes

Looks great. Colour me impressed.
Everyone else using mutable code, so thats a non event imho.

Sadly won’t buy it new though unless they get around to making the promised firmware update for the Matrixbrute. Been a frustratingly long wait.

1 Like