Arturia keystep pro

Any idea if the tap tempo will always send tempo information regardless of if the keyboard is playing or not?

I own both a keystep and beatstep. Both would be perfect if they had this.

Yep, it’s got to happen.

That’s really quite a lot of connectivity options … but that price … and that display(s) …

Yeah but how soon :confused:

Tuesday.

2 Likes

available in march. Its hard to ignore this piece of performance- :slight_smile:

Track 1 is either a melodic sequencer or Drum sequencer, maybe in parallel?

the CV/Gates can be freely set to spit out poly chords, the looper strip is underneath the mod and pitch strips, i like how they charged this footprint at least

Not quite sold yet. I want individual step count and time signature per sequencer track. Not just on the drums. Essentially, the very few but powerful things the Blackbox sequencer does, I want here, too. I’m too used to the polyrythm, odd step time signature chaos the Blackbox provides and can’t look back now.

2 Likes

Gbbbgbggbgngbgbgb …

When I was thinking that my setup was already done , with everything I need , BAM , arturia strike back , with a Keystep and a Beatstep Pro combined together >_<

I love the « arp » section below each track , and all the options to make them
Seems to be more easy to use than the Keystep (or the Beatstep Pro , with the roller fonction …)

The Drum section seems to be somewhat lacking things … aaaaargh !! Decisions decisions !!!

2 Likes

I was hoping this one would be 61 full-sized keys. I really want that arpeggiator/sequencer functionality but also a full-sized keyboard to sharpen my chops on.

any mention of aftertouch? so far I don’t see any

aftertouch included with a better response compared to the OG keystep.

1 Like

So wait, does it work as a Midi USB host?

yeah I find it funny that in a manufacturer’s forum where almost every machine made by that manufacturer can do this thing’s main tricks, people here are so stoked on it. guess I’m missing something?

unless everyone here has four cv/gate-only synths they need to interface with, and eight drum triggers they need to be firing…?

I think a lot of the keystep’s appeal has been using it with modular synths and arturia recognized this and is capitalizing.

4 track cv sequencer plus 8 drum triggers. Besides, this the " other gear" forum within " this manufacturer’s" forum; nothing wrong talking about other gear.

thx :blush:

the ability to have some sequences on top in a modular environment is appealing as I was looking for a controller to pair with my iMac and raspberry this looks like a lot of fun and it’s compact but sturdy.

price is a bit high…as you can get the BSpro and the OG KS for 100€ less.

…but the Led feedback and formfactor + connectivity already make this one a future classic

1 Like

Strange, didn´t the Beatstep get this feature in the OS 2.0? It would be strange if the Keystep pro had polyrythm only on the drum tracks and not on the synth tracks.

edit:
it´s possible! Polyrhythm on all tracks. From the manual:
"One of the best loved features on Arturia sequencers and drum machines, KeyStep Pro also includes polyrhythmic sequencing abilities, letting you choose different sequence lengths per drum, and per sequence track. "

2 Likes

Instabuy if this is real!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like