Arpeggiator Tutorial

I need some help with the arpeggiator…

I’m not sure why… but things aren’t connecting with me and the arp. Would someone be kind enough to type the simplest of tutorials to get it kicking off? Just a quick walk through on how to get this thing running, or a pointer to where I can find this info… for some reason it’s been beyond me.

I have my OT linked up to my iPad.

Thanks in advance!!!

Are you sending midi to your iPad? Please elaborate.

if that is the case, make sure you have selected and confirmed the correct midi channel on OT.

By confirmed i mean that you have to press the encoder used for selectin channel (in playback setup page)

Thanks guys,

Genoart - I am sending MIDI to the iPad, and routing it’s output to Octa inputs CD.

Sicijk - I did as you say.

I found this video that is helping a bit, will be diving deeper today

Thanks again!

Hi !
This should get you started nicely :slight_smile:

Enjoy !

10 Likes

KILLER - thanks secretmusic! Just what I was looking for!

HI

The vimeo vid from Clint(LØVE I think he called on the old EU forum) is a great help and I used that a lot to hook up my shruthi 1 and other synths to the OT.

But really happy that Secretmusic provided a nice vid too, again I learned a lot from that. I didn´t know how to make the program changes(totally over looked that feature in the set up menu) Thanks for that tip.

Please keep em coming.

best

I’m here, too. Glad it’s useful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to see that you´re still here.
Thanks for the video, as said I learned a lot from that.

am i missing something?

Octatrack has a midi arpeggiator for the midi tracks, but no arpeggiator for the sample tracks?
Digitone has an arpeggiator for synth tracks, but no arpeggiator for the midi tracks?

That’s right. Nothing missing. Just how they were built.

Edit: to elaborate, modern Elektron’s tend to have retrig on drum machines and arps on synths. OT was special giving us the awesome midi arp because it was part of the old philosophy of ‘give users everything possible’.

You can play samples with midi tracks with arp, plugging midi out to midi in (midi loopback).

4 Likes

Controlling audio tracks :

9 Likes

It’s the arpeggio apocalypse! Is this you?

1 Like

Me and OT !
(Cheating with a midi processor to control Comb Filter pitch, but no samples)

3 Likes

That sounds awesome. You can p-lock the arp resolution per step, then choose how long it fires off for with note length, just hooked it up to volca drum and you can get all the same slice functionality + even more off grid craziness. Volca drum doesn’t do ties, you only get slices on each step, with OT you can hold a arp pattern as long as the note is. Straight up I’ve been eyeing a used MD so hard, with volca drum running off four OT midi tracks and audio going back through a thru machine, you don’t even need a MD, this sounds ridiculous. They’re both running off batteries, volca the size of a VHS cassette eating 4 tracks of LFO and P-lock midi drum sound modulation with the thru track spazzing out with its own P-locks filter freak show. I think OT volca drum combo is even better than MD, there’s still scenes to use, plus 6 other audio tracks that don’t even have anything on them yet. Now how to recreate monomachine with the other 4 midi tracks…

4 Likes

OP the arp starts with each trigger, if the arp is on, or if the trigger is plocked to start the arp. The arp will run its sequence for as long as the note length of the trig is, or until another trig fires to stop it, or fires to start it over. If the note length of a trig is shorter than the arp pattern, it will only play the note length worth of the pattern and then stop. If you just want it to loop like a regular arp, you just need one trig on step 1 to get it going, and the note length needs to last the whole 16 steps to keep it running. Lmao this thread is 6 years old.

3 Likes

That’s very cheeky. Love it!

1 Like

It has been one off my good wtf? moments with :elot:

With note length = 0, all plocked notes are played (chord), even with arp on. Lfo on LEN for random arp/chords!

5 Likes

omfg

1 Like