Are They All Gone?

You should check out:

• Patch Blocks - little blocks that can be chained together. You program them on the computer using a Max-like system and then you compile and load the patches into the blocks.
  • Axoloti - Another little controller board with a Max/Reaktor like programming interface. It’s kindof a bare board by default, I think made to be more of a DIY kit.
  • Organelle - a full standalone box that hosts PD patches. You can load them in via a computer, or you can connect a monitor via HDMI and connect a mouse and keyboard and you can get a full computer environment for writing patches, but then use the box standalone.

All of these use the computer to write/load patches but don’t require a constant connection to run. But they’re all pre-made ready to run music. There’s a topic about the Organelle on the Operator-1 message board that’s turned into a “can I just set up Pure Data on a Raspberry Pi myself?” thread and it looks like a fair amount of work. With the Organelle, especially, you get a nice self-contained playable instrument a keyboard, MIDI, USB, etc, but the power of PD.

Part of why I’m trying to re-learn Max is with an eye towards getting one of these devices in the future.

4 Likes

I think I have a lot to learn!

Checking Elektron’s website everyday for new stock like:

2 Likes

Mnm is worth the wait.

I agree with this sentiment whole heartedly. I only have a lowly first gen, non-UW version and you’d have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

I feel lucky. I managed to scoop up my MD for $509 with a presidents day sale coupon from Musicians Friend. Didn’t need another drum machine but something told me to do it.

1 Like

Any news? C’mon Elektron!

1 Like

If you’re in the UK, and quick, you could have a brand new one tomorrow for the reduced price

1 Like

:frowning: i’m not from the uk and it says pre-order, ‘‘We are expecting this item soon - Order It Today!’’

Someone must have bought it in the interim. They had one in stock earlier, which was why I posted that. Their realtime stock levels are very accurate. It would have changed to pre-order as soon as someone had paid for it. But at the same time, if they say they are expecting more, I am sure they will get them. I don’t know if they ship overseas or not.

Oh i see…thnx! I’d bought it if they still had it but I’ve been waiting for restock at Elektron to buy it directly from them preferably.

1 Like

here’s the latest bit i’ve heard. this is from elektron to my local seller:

I understand exactly how you must be feeling, truly.

Having no information for a customer is very stressful. The machines have begun to ship from the Swedish factory after some serious production issues. There are so many backorders to fulfill and the shipments going out all over the world are very small.

Things like Analog series and Octatrack are in constant production and shipping so that’s a different story.

As SOON as I know that I will have units coming in to fulfill your PO, I will let you know.

:new_moon_with_face:

1 Like
1 Like

So, the answer is “almost”! :wink:

Wow…

So… now Elektron can allow itself to cover MM+MD territory with new machines !!!
:yum:

2 Likes

i’m really hoping that they still plan to fulfill your re-seller’s preorders (like mine that i paid for over a month ago).

Mnm sold out already on elektron site

Yup! Monomachine now gone forever. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

2 Likes

Wait the new stock is gone already???

yep. gone to scalpers

2 Likes