Are They All Gone?

Id say this was handled poorly.

Dang.

I guess all I can do now is hope for an OB enabled digital/hybrid monster as the next machine.

2 Likes

Yes, that would be good and what I would wantā€¦I just hope it doesnā€™t take years to implement it.

This is certainly a bummer.

I have been saving for a Monomachine this spring and, having not been following the drama in this thread, had no idea they were out of stock everywhere.

Iā€™ve wanted a Monomachine for 10 years and now itā€™s never gonna happenā€¦ maybe used but I have had such notorious bad luck buying used electronics on the internet that I am not very excited about that prospect.

I canā€™t understand why they didnā€™t give more notice and build up more of a stock to ship out to the inevitable crush of customers upon last callā€¦ maybe they had such serious supplier or manufacturing issues that they just decided to be rid of the hassle.

Even if you hadnā€™t been following the forums, Elektron left some pretty clear lines to read between with their announcement of the price cut back in February or March or whenever it was. If I had to hazard a guess, Iā€™d imagine that they decided to sell off their remaining stock to make room for new things and cut prices, got more orders than they expected which left a lot to fulfill, and at this point have to set their final availability or continue production of the unit at a lower profit and at the expense of further resources.

Anyhow, not trying to be a dick. You can probably still find a used one for a semi-decent price for the next little while, as there will inevitably be plenty of people who have bought them since the price drop who wonā€™t gel with it and will sell it off.

The stories Iā€™ve seen around seem to back this - there were manufacturing problems. And it sounds like they really did have a big supply on hand but the price drop created more demand than expected.

Iā€™ve had pretty poor luck with buying used electronics online but I bought a used Machinedrum earlier this year and have had no problems with it. I used my past experiences to inform my research and questions to ask the seller. Then again, I bought my Monomachine new when the price dropped because I was already hating going through that rigorous of a process again for the MM.

I did the same, bought the MnM new but grabbed the MD second hand. Made sure it was a relatively recent purchase with little usage. Bought of a first owner, about 6 months old.

So my order from Guitar Center wonā€™t be filled? If thatā€™s the case, this sucks big balls. Iā€™ve been waiting on this since February.

Now that we know the situation, I would ask Guitar Center and/or Elektron. We know thereā€™s a final batch from manufacturing. Whether thatā€™s going to be able to fill all reseller orders is unknown. :confounded:

I just called them and they told me they arenā€™t sure but will let me know as soon as they find out. They still have MM listed as being available on 7/7 so who the heck knows.

I spoke to an Elektron employee todayā€¦ Iā€™m not going to quote them verbatim only because I donā€™t want to get them in trouble, not that they said anything outrageous but I just want to be respectful etc.

This was not a high level employee so itā€™s entirely possible everything they knowā€¦ is from reading this thread. No, seriously. But here was my takeaway:

---- their issues with manufacturing the silver units are such that they actually donā€™t KNOW how many more they will be able to produce, but itā€™s not entirely out of the question that they will be able to fulfill outstanding orders from major retailers

ā€” I was left via a subtle verbal slip with the impression that a new unit may eventually be forthcoming that includes the Monomachineā€™s capabilities and then some

3 Likes

Well, we knew that. :cheeky:

Perhaps a ā€œDuoMachineā€. Part MM and Part A4.

1 Like

Well, we knew that. :cheeky:

thanks for the clarification, douchebag

Please @radiospace. Behaveā€¦
@CarlMikaelBjork is actually someone nice that is just teasing you. No need to get insulting, this place doesnā€™t need this.

5 Likes

Ouch. Sorry mate. Was just doing some friendly banter. Easily misunderstood. :heart:

4 Likes

Iā€™m just now getting into these cool boxes so something like that would be excellentā€¦letā€™s hope it happens. :pray:

Crazy! I wonder if itā€™s component availability or something about the manufacturing process, e.g the factory has since re-tooled. It makes me wonder a bit whether these last MnMs would actually more desirable than a used one from an earlier run (less chance a replacement component was subbed in that has not been as thoroughly road tested).

Thank you for the detective work. :sunglasses:

EDIT: just thinking back on this. The thing that doesnā€™t stack up is the price drop. Why drop the price of the MnM which would only fuel demand for something youā€™re having a hard time delivering? One theory I had is that they dropped the price to run through their stock at about the same time they announced the new box, but that the new box has been delayed.

Before anyone gets too excited or starts thinking about selling gear, realize that it may be some time until it actually hits the market. Given how the internet is, Iā€™m sure someone will take this little nugget of information and run with it, so hopefully people can have some perspective.

1 Like