Are They All Gone?

I think it’s probably that they sell less, so there’s fewer on the used market. I wouldn’t be surprised if they got more Monomachine orders in the week after the price cut than they received in all of 2015.

Being a longterm follower of Apple Computer Corp Inc., I’ve learned that low inventory and price changes are meaningful in terms of hinting at what’s coming and when. But personally, I trust Elektron more than Apple with my $$$ because each of Elektron products are well-differentiated and have incredible lifespans. A MnM will be a good purchase yesterday, today, or tomorrow. Elektron boxes are unique.

2 Likes

I think it is both rarer and more highly coveted… But I think that right now, especially, it’s back in high demand. I know a few people, in addition to myself, who recently got fascinated by the Monomachine and Machinedrum but found it a bit strange that these 9 year old versions of even older machines were priced the same as the fancy new Analog 4 and Rytm. So we were all looking on the used market. Which is part of why I jumped on a MM as soon as the price drop happened and my preferred online retailer (Perfect Circuit) updated their pricing. I think I got one of the last ones they had sitting on their shelves at the time.

Even before the price drop, I did see fewer used MM’s than MD’s. I think it’s definitely a weirder box, so the people who love it hold on to it and those who don’t quite get it seldom buy it in the first place…? And while there are a lot of drum machine options out there, I don’t think there’s anything quite like the Monomachine.

I’m sure a second-hand market will blossom for a while when some people get them during this price-drop time and then decide it was a rash decision or they just don’t get the machine. Their loss could be your gain. But maybe they’re all liking it!

ya i was made to pay for mine about 3 weeks ago after having been on the waitlist with a usa retailer for a month or so. said they expected their shipment to arrive in 10 days and then a couple of days for it to get to me from tennessee to georgia.

so yeah, paid 3 weeks later and now i’m just getting:

"HI redacted,

Still don’t have a firm ETA from Elektron - they are very aware how behind they are and they’re getting hit up from pretty much everyone regarding this delay.

I do appreciate your continued patience, I expect to have some traction on this by next week for sure - ideally they are in transit at that time.

Thanks
redacted"
:new_moon_with_face:

1 Like

wish they could just give some clarification on timelines at least to the retailers :new_moon_with_face:

1 Like

This is impossible! Unbearable! I’ve been waiting for months.

yea this shit is insane. has happened several times with elektron. got stuck in the octatrack vacuum once. look, i can understand shipping/manufacturing delays, but months and months on end, repeatedly?! it’s a bad look! handle your biz!

2 Likes

There’s a listing on Amazon. $1967.09 + $99.54 shipping. Estimated delivery as of Jun 8? “July 11 - 26 if you choose Expedited at checkout.” :laughing:

To be fair, I think that listing’s always been there and at that price. I seem to remember seeing it when I was looking at all Monomachine prices earlier this year (before the price drop).

I got lucky. Like some of you, I ordered a MM SX60+ MKII from Sweetwater (great company) and got frustrated when the date for shipment kept getting pushed back so I cancelled it. They do not appear often on eBay - I kept looking though. Every time I was at my computer I looked. Then three days ago - bingo! A barely used SX-60+ MKII was just listed minutes ago for $799 with free shipping. And no tax to pay either. Of course I immediately hit the button and paid. That was on Sunday and I got it today, Wednesday. It is mint mint mint. Indistinguishable from new. I restored it to factory settings and updated the OS (it was at 1.31c, so as the seller said, it is not old.) Came with original manual and power cord. I could not be happier. So to all of you I say check eBay all the time because they sell FAST, it worked for me!

BTW - this is to the people trying to sell them on Amazon for over $2,000 shipped. I say this to you: [expletive deleted by moderator.] Nobody is going to buy one for that price anyway. As bad as I wanted one before I got lucky I would not even consider paying anything near that crazy amount!

1 Like

Haha sorry! I did use asterisks though!

Congrats, what do you think of it?

gonna give them an extra week (for md+mnm) and then i’ll buy something else. can’t wait any more (actually now i even refuse!)

Hang in there you have waited this long now

Thnx cosmic! Im a software guy using everything from reason to max and supercollider so the md and mnm ive been waiting would be my first hw synths but I’m having second thoughts now too. Maybe i could spend my money better.

2 Likes

Ya maybe. The silverboxes are a good starting place as they are quite immediate to start,no direct usb though if that is important for you for daw integration.

1 Like

ya… as Cosmic mentioned, no USB.
considering your computer background, if you’re at all interested in interfacing with the gear via means of programming, imho you’ll get indeed more mileage out of the analog series devices.

1 Like

Hi void, I get around this by pushing the silver box sounds through the black boxes. I rarely use daw so silver boxes not limiting for me but as you say someone coming from software with no hardware in place might struggle with integration limitations.

Regarding connectivity…something like Roland Studio Capture would solve that and i’m not interested in the analogue boxes cause i’m not a fan of analogue synths, not flexible enough imo, had some of them in the past. The ideal would be to have the silver boxes with USB but i have neither. :urn:

I was a computer guy but now I can’t stand it. Maybe it’s just hitting middle age and the eyes are going faulty and I program the damn things all day. I’m trying to get back into Max but it’s slow going. I did SuperCollider back in the classic Mac OS 8 and 9 days with SuperCollider 2. And I’ll say that the silver Elektron boxes are some of the funnest gear I’ve worked with.

I’m not feeling the frustrations of having to wait (as I said earlier, I ordered my Monomachine day of the price drop because I thought they’d go quick). But don’t write these boxes off completely. They are beautifully unique and deep and there’s not much else like them.

1 Like

My job is not tied to computers so i don’t mind using them for music production…also, if someone knows anything similar to sc and max in the hw world, let me know. :wink:
I have the opposite situation where knowing nothig about programming i need(ed) to deal with sc and max, but i’m learning something about it every day.
yes, I like digital and i like fun and that’s way i want the silver boxes so I’ll wait as long as i can. Hopefully they’ll be back in stock next week.