Are there any other noteworthy synth forums?

I obviously landed on Elektronauts because I own Elektron machines.
But are there any other noteworthy synth forums you people visit ?
Just wondering.

2 Likes

No, only Elektronauts.

54 Likes

No.

3 Likes

Elektronauts is much more than your average forum…I don’t own any elektron anymore, I’m still here !

This place is somewhat special. I recently discovered it’s often referenced in other forums as a good place to find quality discussions…

Other good places : modwiggler ( ex muff ) and audiofanzine.

15 Likes

Lines is pretty good -

Though it’s inclusive and compassionate atmosphere is a bit deceptive. It’s inclusive and kind until you say the wrong things. And you just have to figure out through study, trial and error what right and wrong means, there :slight_smile:

But overall, a good and kind place.

12 Likes

only kidding.

elektronauts is the one.

in part thanks to the moderators who’s iron fists and freedom of speech clampdowns keep it generally stress free and focussed on nice, mostly music techy stuff. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Mod wiggler (ex muff wiggler) is ok but has many of the downsides of internet forums that are missing here: rudeness, alpha nerd contests and general lack of a feeling of community. That said there’s a lot of knowledgeable people there and good info to be found.

9 Likes

Yeah, there are some good discussions at lines. Also a kind of authoritarian kindness. Very (modern) American.

6 Likes

Please refer to the Elektronauts Community guidelines / 10 commandments

§1 You shall have no other forums than Elektronauts

10 Likes

That’s an excellent way to frame it. It’s like you’re being verbally slapped in the face sometimes with a very gentle stroke afterwards, to make sure you’re all right.

1 Like

i’ve been trying to articulate this thought lately. it’s such an arrogant form of altruism and modern progressive pseudo-intellectualism where there’s no room for ambiguity. i’ve never seen anything like it until very recently

there’s a certain type of hivemind that gets very brazen when they feel they wield majority power

i like the board though. very smart people with overall good taste (in music/music making tools)

5 Likes

No.

1 Like

This is valid for Elektronauts as well, in my humble opinion.

Yup.

7 Likes

55 posts were split to a new topic: Synth Forums : clearing off-topic stuff

I don’t post there anymore, after I did the classic „look at my first rack“ post years ago.
But I often come back reading stuff, there’s is interesting info there indeed

3 Likes

modwiggler has a great diy forum

3 Likes

mod wiggler, the gear page, lines, etc. I’ve frequented all of them but Elektronauts is the only one where I felt included from my very first post. Some of those other forums, if you’re new, no one will respond to you. op-1 forums is pretty friendly and helpful too. Elektronauts and op forums are all I really need if it came down to it.

9 Likes

Thank you, i fully agree with you here. The point…that even in those gear talks, out of nowhere, ppl. with ideology appear and start attacking others by claiming bullshit. Remember the Mutable Instruments vs. Arturia thread? Hot topic…
I can understand the moderators than ruling there with an iron fist. But i don´t think it´s good, if they pick sides. Which they do sometimes.

1 Like

The hottest political topics are that OT sounds flat and A4 sounds dull. These kind of ideologies can be found on other places too

7 Likes

Don´t forget…Digitakt songmode…