Analog Rytm price rise

I was thinking of buying AR for long time. Last week I checked the price at thomann and it was 1399 euros.

The next day I checked again, google search said it was 1399 but on thomann’s page the new price 1549. What the heck? Almost 200 euros price change?

This seems worldwide, would it be possible that Elektron is cashing the OB development costs?

I asked thomann for the price issue and they said the new price is 1549 and there’s nothing to do about it. Thanks… I’ve purchased for many thousand euros from them… I already have A4, purchased from thomann too. Somehow I don’t like this.

Anyone know place to purhcase the AR with old price?

Ive seen the same price raise in belgian and dutch music stores. Not sure why…

That is not Elektron (neither Rytm) exclusive.
DSI, Moog, even Doepfer (to name a european brand) had to raise their prices due to the dollar euro exchange rate.

Plain & simple.

2 Likes

If you want a better price and don’t mind second hand then keep your eye out for people selling them on here. They come up pretty frequently.

3 Likes

In this Dutch store it’s still €1425 (for now): http://www.i4-muzique.nl/elektron-analog-rytm-8-voice-drum-computer.html

No idea whether they ship overseas. Edit: they do.

Note though that you’ll have to pay customs if you ship overseas. Usually not worth it.

Not within the EU, which I assume OP is based in as he talked about prices in €.

I guess I should have used the word “abroad” rather than “overseas”.

This is exactly why I haven’t waited longer to buy my own Rytm.
Price at AudioSolutions (FR) was 1349€ with no shipping cost (towards France at least).

Best offer I could find.

Wait for december…

1 Like

Not helping anymore, but elektron raised the euro prices on their website 4 weeks ago, so it was clear that the retailers will follow after some time :.

I bought it in the same hour they updates their prices. It was already in my cart for €1425 and during the payment process it was raised to 1578€.

I luckily had a screenshot and called the shop the next day… They could see that the price was updated during my order and kindly agreed and sold my the unit for the original price…

One minute later would have cost me about 200 extra :slight_smile:

:+1:

1 Like

Yiihaa, I got my Rytm for 1439 euros from Finnish shop (verkkokauppa.com). Shippin 2,9 euros. :slight_smile: It’s posted and on it’s way! There were only 2 in stock and someone purchased the other almost same time as I.

Biggest surprise is that now Rytm costs 1936 euros at Elektron’s page. Woot! Thomann still at 1549 euros. From 1399 to 1936 … +600 euros. +42% price change.

It’s still €1599 :neutral_face:

It’s still €1599 :neutral_face: [/quote]
I swear it was 1936 euros few hours ago. Maybe some glitch in the system… I was thinking of taking a screenshot :slight_smile:

down to 1439 thomann germany

Very similar story here… saw the price jump on thomann after I had been meaning to buy one for a while and went to a local store that day that reluctantly sold it for 1439 and showed me a post-it note he had on his desk that said “raise elektron prices”. A day later and I would have paid more.
Interesting that thomann is now back down to 1439…

Hello. my first post on this forum.
Same story here… I saw a price of 2100 euros (!!!) for Analog Keys briefly on elektron website today. It got me scared so I quickly purchased AK for about 1520 euros in Skylark Records store (Polish store but ships worldwide).
Hope this will be a great piece of gear! :slight_smile: It will be my first Elektron product and first real synth.

If some of you didn’t believe, here’s the proof :slight_smile: