AR Bugs thread

I think th DT had this issue in the beginning, and it was addressed with an OS update.

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Rytm mk2. All of a sudden when jamming on the Rytm using the pads, the machine suddenly bugs out and starts doing numerous things without me touching it. When it bugs I canā€™t use any of the buttons/pads anymore but random settings keep changing. I already updated to 1.40C.
When I reboot the machine it works fine for a few minutes but then the problem re-occurs.
Here is a youtube vid to show the problem: https://youtu.be/hLg496Fa0v4

I really hope this isnā€™t a hardware issueā€¦ I had to send my Rytm mk2 back once already directly after receiving it, when I got it back this problem occured. Having to send it back for a second time would be really demotivating. Seems like Elektron released this machine way too quickly.

Are there others experiencing the same problem? Is there a fix?

Hey Twan

I had the same issue and contacted the support. They told me that is was a hardware issue and I had to send it in.

Sorry mateā€¦

1 Like

Had the same problem on 1.40c was told it was a hardware problem and I should send it in to get fixed. Called Sweetwater, since itā€™s a recent purchase, and they will be sending me a new one. Hopefully new one is better.

So I was planning to sample everything out of the Rytm before I sent it back so I can still mangle the samples in my octatrack but havenā€™t had the bug problem since 6 days nowā€¦ Hope it stays like this!

Still doubting to sent it back though to be sureā€¦

Thanks for your advise!

Hi guys. Iā€™v just bought new AR Mk2 and upgraded to 1.40C
I found that it is quiet buggy, after 10-20 minutes of work, suddenly, it starts to act unpredictably and controls affect just random parameters. For example Iā€™v found way to reproduce it:

I canā€™t work in this way, especially because when it happens the project has some random changesā€¦ Probably I need to downgrade firmware to 1.40B, but I canā€™t find where to download.

Do I need to change device or I need to wait for new firmware update? Do you have same issues? Because if it is not hardware issue, then it doesnā€™t make sense to change itā€¦
Thank you for the answer.

I have this exact same problem on my AR MKII, it can be almost impossible to turn the knob slowly to select a specific value. Sometimes I can turn it 90 degrees and nothing will happen then all of a sudden it jumps though all of the parameter range real quick. As mentioned, this is especially noticable with discreet choices like filter type or LFO waveform.

did you change that device?

Thereā€™s been a couple other weird things Iā€™ve run into a few times over the last couple of days of diving into the AR MKII:

• Sometimes the Pattern Select mode for the trigger keys doesnā€™t time out as normal, and the trig keys are stuck always in the mode that lets me choose another pattern. Sometimes pressing the Bank button again works, other times I have to go into the Project Menu or Sample Menu to get it to go away.

• Pressing Func + Save Project has twice now opened up the LOAD Project screen instead. It seems like the AR is interpretting a very short press as a press and hold to open the load page.

Iv changed the device, now it is okā€¦

One bug that Iā€™ve been having is that when I try to assign a sample to one of the pads, if I try to quickly scroll through the sample list (with buttons or knob) it just closes the sample menu window. Not a big deal, but a little annoying.

Another minor bug - Please adjust the encoders sensitivity on the AR2. Itā€™s tough to quickly dial in exact settings because the encoders go from doing nothing to jumping dramatically when you turn them.

5 Likes

Amen to that!

I refuse to upgrade to 1.4C because of all this BS you guys are dealing with. Iā€™ll just keep working with 1.4B until D comes out or whatever the next bug fix is, if it actually fixes any bugs that is. My current OS works fine except the overly sensitive parameter knobs.

Second that, I experienced a freeze while quickly scrolling through samples

I had device with hardware bug, when after upgrade to 1.40C it becomes crazy after 10 minutes of playing, and I changed it in the store I bought it. Another device was working without this problem, but today I was playing and suddenly it stuck, when I was setting amount of BR value on CY. All controls were not working, LEDs also stuck. After reset everything is OK. But Im not happy with that, because I canā€™t imagine if it happens during the live setā€¦ Hope it is software bug and will be fixed.

1 Like

Count me in the group who has had the AR mkII freeze on them. Happened twice today on me, this is the first time Iā€™ve seen it in 3 weeks of HEAVY use though. Happened once while browsing samples, and ones while adjust Delay Send amount. Seemed random. :frowning:

You think anyone at elektron reads these thread? Hope so!

The correct way to file a bug report is through Elektron.se, click on the person shape image on the top right and you should be able to navigate thereā€¦

This thread is not officially monitored but they probably read it occasionallyā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m having the same crashing issue after about 20 minutes of playing, iā€™ll change a parameter and itā€™ll freak out. This was after upgrading to the latest firmware. I upgraded to this after Overbridge wasnā€™t recognizingā€¦little did i know due to Elektronā€™s miniscule information on their site, overbridge for rytm mk2 isnā€™t out yet! Doh.

Iā€™m also having an issues where all the other tracks seen to be sent through one track(bdā€¦the one above the bottom left), and everything gets distorted. Iā€™m thinking about reverting back to older firmware.

I contacted Elektron and they said to ship to them in Sweden for repairs, and then wait 1-3 weeks turn around to get it back. I just waited 2 weeks to get the unit, so I spent $1500 to wait 2 months for a unit? frustrating. Iā€™m thinking about giving up, and Iā€™ve got an a4 mk2 coming, I was going to buy the entire MK2 line up. Now iā€™m hesitant. I figured Elektron got things together with the mk1ā€¦my MK1 devices were never this buggy!