AR Bugs thread

^ it should be managed out, I agree, but naming any file-or-folder by including a / sounds like a bad idea to begin with - anyway, important bit, there’s little point in posting this here … write a support ticket
presumably the / is there for the purpose of folder hierarchy

1 Like

It is not important enough to me to write a support ticket. Previous posts on this thread indicate that Elektron read this thread from time to time, that’s good enough for me.

If the character is provided then the user has a reasonable expectation that they can use it. I can easily avoid it so I don’t use it. In any case, as stated, it works in the Project folder. I am a software developer by profession who responds to bug fix requests so I know what I am doing, thanks.

Micro timing (FTR)

is it working consistently ? OS 1.31B

just had it emphatically fail to work in a project, tried all sorts, clearing rebooting etc

tried a new project, all good, re-tried the older project, suddenly working fine again

wondering what rendered it broken (only info worth noting is that the ‘dodgy’ project was empty)

I’ve experienced the saving/changing projects thingy more than once. Something is not working as expected, then you save your current project and it gets fixed, or it gets fixed after changing projects. Has happened both with my AK and AR

I use realtime erase frequently, but I can’t be sure if I’ve used it in this specific context, so not so convinced it is a new bug or a missed pre-existing one (any feedback from a pre 1.31B user welcome)

From the manual:
Press [NO/RELOAD] + one (or several) of the [PADS] in order to erase a sequence of recorded trigs on a track(or on several tracks) in time with the sequencer, i.e. all steps reached on the pattern playing will be erased, until the keys are released.

Now take this scenario an 8 step pattern and a 16 step one (black = trig active)

BD1 :black_circle::white_circle::black_circle::white_circle::black_circle::white_circle::black_circle::white_circle:
SD2 :black_circle::white_circle::black_circle::white_circle::black_circle::white_circle::black_circle::white_circle::black_circle::white_circle::black_circle::white_circle::black_circle::white_circle::black_circle::white_circle:

If SD2 is selected when the realtime erase is performed on both tracks for a complete pass [>16steps] you get this (No+both pads held whilst in realtime record)

:white_large_square:BD1 :white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:black_square_button:SD2 :white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:

If BD1 is selected you get this for the same erasing attempt as before

:black_square_button:BD1 :white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:
:white_large_square:SD2 :white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::black_circle::white_circle::black_circle::white_circle::black_circle::white_circle::black_circle::white_circle:

i.e. it is NOT erasing the audible steps passed on the other tracks because the count on the active track is denying this

This strikes me as a new bug (or a bug nonetheless) and it’s not as per the manual definition

Anyone disagree - comparison to older os ?

New found Bug TRCs

Trig1 [1:2] Trig2 [PRE]

It should go True True , False False , T T , F F etc

It goes True False, F F , T T , F F etc … i.e. wrong on FIRST PASS

n.b. Works okay on OT !! This applies to both analogs

1 Like

AR
check this in sound preferences

2 Likes

It won’t werk for ‘synth’ sounds primarily based on a tuned filter fwiw

MK1. I believe that this could be a bug; when using New Blood kits and patterns, green pads in mute mode are not blinking on each note triggered (more like randomly skipping notes played). even when kit and pattern are further developed, changed, transferred to a new project, the bug remains. somebody experienced this?

Could anyone please verify this, is just got a reply from this bug report which I sent at the time and it’s apparently not giving the false on the first pass for a number of machines at HQ

It’s hard to imagine it could affect just mine

anyone able to confirm issue, please :thup:

OS 1.30B

edit: Issue is present after double stopping, see below, I always double stop out of habit

1 Like

I get the same “TRUE FALSE” for the first pass too…
Also on 1.30B.

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming - I’ll feed this back on my support ticket :thup:

1 Like

Confirmed, but even weirder.

1. Hit stop twice, then reset the Trig 5 details (Off then ON and set TRC) … and it will behave normally
  2. Stopping and starting again introduces the bug

It seems to only work if the last thing you do before hitting play is setting Trig 5 PRE

2 Likes

Yep - I did add to my support ticket to try double stop just in case - I always double stop !

That’s why I didn’t spot it worked ok if you just stop, thanks for adding further clarification to the issue :thup:

edit: I’ve pointed support to these posts, Cheers

note: when tested from a new project state I did not do a double stop !!

2 Likes

Np, I just noticed that it happens only if I hit Stop twice …

2 Likes

List your AR2 bugs here so that we can hopefully get them resolved.

I’m running OS 1.40b.

Aside from my units problem with not booting up sometimes, I’m also having a few other issues.

When I’m using the arrow keys to scroll through my samples list (function + samples), if I click the down arrow rapidly, it just exits out of the samples menu screen.

Sometimes the samples menu screen will pop up for a split second when I’m turning the A - H knobs (not touching any other buttons or knobs)

When using a few samples, one of the samples just abruptly cuts off when the pattern is playing, but when I’m manually playing the same pattern, the sample plays as it should.

I posted a thread but didn’t see this topic,

I’ve been getting a bug where muting other instruments will also result in BD1 becoming muted (only effecting when muting, not un-muting). I’m on 1.31 and this problem hasn’t happened to me before this week.

Kindest Regards,
Nate

Alright I’ve got a question for you fellow Rytm MKII owners. Does anyone else notice how the 8, A-H parameter knobs are, just wrong? I’ve noticed that if I turn them very quickly they’re extra sensitive, but on the contrary if you turn them very slowly, nothing happens. It’s definitely a problem and it’s quite annoying. I can turn each of them all the way around without changing even 1% of a parameter but if I accidentally turn it one iota too quickly It’ll run through all 7 options for like the filters, for instance… This can’t be right, especially considering how sturdy and reassuring the knobs on my Analog Heat are. These knobs on the Rytm MK2 are nowhere near as accurate. They feel loose and are either too sensitive or not sensitive at all. I’m extremely disappointed because everything about this thing is amazing. Let me know if anyone else has noticed this please.

I’m not experiencing that parameters don’t move when turning fast. Mine responds fast to a fast turn. But I’m with you that they are way too sensitive on discreet choice parameters like filter type. The slightest touch makes it jump multiple steps. Way too quick and quite annoying.

I’d say mine are working ok. If I turn super slow I think that sometimes they dont increment, but that would be slower than I ever need to do it in practice. I like they way I can turn them moderately slowly for fine tuning and then turn them fast for bigger sweeps. Took me a little getting used to, but I have my mouse set up the same way so it kind of felt right to me.