AR Bugs thread

During my gig on last saturday, I’ve experienced something…
The “technical guys” have connected the AR with the electrical adapter of the Octatrack. Conclusion: the AR is booting and everything was OK except that it’s totally MUTED! :confused:

It took 5 minutes to discover the mistake. Just for you to know, in case!

After updating to 1.02D, MUTE mode does not display trigs correctly in nearly all of the tracks except BD1 (that I can tell so far).

For example, in my current pattern:

CP4 has trigs on 5 & 9 and neither flash white

BT5 has trigs on 1/5/9/1 but only the hits on 1 & 9 flash white.

CB12 has trigs on 1/3/5/9/11/13/15 but does not flash white on 5 & 13

CH9 has trig on all 16 steps but does not flash white on 5 & 13

Does anyone else notice this?

I actually did notice a pattern where the clap wasn’t displaying trigs while in Mute but I can’t reproduce it anywhere else yet.

It’s very strange but the problem has rectified itself and I have not been able to recreate it since (this is during the same session, without powering down or changing patterns or kits).

I’m wondering if switching between MUTE/PERF/SCENE modes somehow cleared it up? Regardless, it was definitely there - I went through and documented the error track by track.

In Scene Edit mode copy/paste of a Scene Pad does not work. In Perf mode it’s works as in the manual.

From page 23 in the manual.
“A total of 48 different parameters may be locked to any of the 12 performance macros, in any combination, for
each kit. For example, 48 parameter locks may be used for a single macro, two macros may use 24 parameter
locks each, four macros may use, say, 2, 4, 10 and 32 parameter locks, and so on.”[/quote]
I see that, but I’m experiencing this after maybe 12 or 13 total parameters over all the pads. The number varies, its like a random glitch. Sometimes it does this and sometimes not. Sometimes a reboot fixes it and sometimes not. I cant be the only one seeing this.

I’m having problems editing new Performance Mode parameters.

When I open the editing page and try to program p-locks, the rotaries’ numerical values in the display jump around, and in the case of the track’s AMP page the Send FX are forced to OFF (however in normal Playback Mode these AMP settings remain unchanged).

Three other Performance pads are already set up, but only have a few parameters locked, and are still editable.

Anyone else experienced this?

Got my RYTM just before Christmas and I’ve had the Sound Manager freeze bug. Running 1.0.2E.

I’ve had it freeze a few times which is worrisome.

My Rytm froze up on me when I selected “Sound Manager” from the sound menu.

I was trying to switch the chromatic mode from synth to synth+sample, and I mistakenly selected “sound manager” and the entire machine froze up…

…no response, and it lost connectivity to Ableton

Hello ppl!

I just bought my AR few days ago and i m experiencing below problems:

1. AMP page doesnt work in ALL machines

2. Reverb and Delay effects are hardly audible even if turned to maximum level

3. Compressor works occassionally otherwise produces a strange effect without corresponding to mix level changes

4. When unmuting tracks, sound comes to normal level after several bars while the same is happening when starting the sequence after it has been stopped

5. Sequencer is moving without flow across the bars leaving the impression that red light is stopping or accelerating even when the swing is set to minimum

I noticed that last message in this thread was sent last September so i assume that all points mentioned have been sorted out!
I m DYING to know what were your solutions !!!

Ps: machine’s production date is 2015-09

Thanks a lot,

Alex

^ Thats a lemon, return it

He,
do you’ve installed the latest update 1.21C ?

maybe its an faulty installation issue via C6 or something factory wise… :slight_smile:

Hello guys,

Some more after upgrading to 1.21C

1. I hear a nusty " click" sound when playbacking samples (factory samples)
    It occurs in the beginning of the sample while the “start point” is set to zero but also to any other value.
    Its audible both by playing the pads or by placing trigs in the sequencer regardless the tuning which is set also to zero value.

2. Turbo Mode in midi port configure page cannot be enabled
    It stays disabled no matter if i try to set it on

Any suggestions?

aldro,
For #2 I’m having the same issue with the turbo mode not enabling. (any suggestions?)

North,
Elektron is the Best. There’s no bugs. Elektron is the Best. Limitation is cool. Elektron is the Best.

The “click” sound in the beginning of the samples is by far the most annoying, i have not yet uploaded my samples just because of that. In the percussion samples is not audible but in all others like some synth samples is very pronounced…

I had to erase all my projects upgrade again but still most of the bugs are present.

Including the above, the Attack in Amp page doesnt work and only affects the sounds if Decay is set below 120 or smthg…
Just like in my first post.

Currently i m gathering all the findings so as to reply to elekton’s ticket because i bought it 2 weeks ago and didnt have time to go in depth with it at all
Hope will be sorted out :slight_smile:

you do know what Turbo mode is for right ? - so have you enabled it in the other compatible device and set up bi-directional comms ?

have you looked at this thread, may or may not help or be related, but worth a try, i’ve never had these issues you describe, that’s not to say they don’t exist, it’s all in the details (test file in the link)

have you looked at this thread, may or may not help or be related, but worth a try, i’ve never had these issues you describe, that’s not to say they don’t exist, it’s all in the details (test file in the link)[/quote]
The case in my AR is not problems with uploaded samples or sample chains/sample preparation.
I have not yet upload any of my samples to AR
I just hear a “click” in the beginning of playback factory samples :frowning:
The click sound is not so prominent in percussion samples but is highly audible to synth samples for example.

have you looked at this thread, may or may not help or be related, but worth a try, i’ve never had these issues you describe, that’s not to say they don’t exist, it’s all in the details (test file in the link)[/quote]
The case in my AR is not problems with uploaded samples or sample chains/sample preparation.
I have not yet upload any of my samples to AR
I just hear a “click” in the beginning of playback factory samples :frowning:
The click sound is not so prominent in percussion samples but is highly audible to synth samples for example.
[/quote]
tbh - your first post reads like there could be early user issues - are you sure you’re not just learning about normal limitations re sample playback and fast non-resetting envelopes etc
without details it’s hard to comment - do you get clicks the first press or when overlapping notes on same track - have you tried adding amp attack - in what way are the AMP parameters not working on ALL machines as you put it - are you confused by auto hold on the AMP page - have you RTM etc

I’ve found one. This is easy.

In the Global menu, in the Samples folder:
[ul]
[li]if you try to create a folder with forward slash on the end of the folder name eg. TEST/, it ignores it[/li]
[li]if you try to create a folder with a forward slash in the middle eg.TE/ST, it gives an error[/li]
[li]if you try to Rename a folder so that it has a forward slash in the middle of the name eg. TE/ST, the folder disappears completely without warning.[/li]
[/ul]
This doesn’t happen in the Projects folder, only the Samples folder.

I just upgraded to 1.22B and problem is still apparent.