AR Bugs thread

I am STILL freezing the AR almost every time I hit yes/save + sound.
It’s getting pretty old …

I’m guessing you have either hold or decay turned up to long. When a trig is hit the amp envelope will start the attack phase from the current enevlope level. The amp envelope will not restart from zero. So if the envelope still is open when a trig is hit you won’t hear the attack phase.[/quote]
Petur, you’re indeed correct about this. What baffles me is that the attack, hold and decay were only effective from about 0-10 on the rimshot I was using. Doesn’t really make any sense.

I’m guessing you have either hold or decay turned up to long. When a trig is hit the amp envelope will start the attack phase from the current enevlope level. The amp envelope will not restart from zero. So if the envelope still is open when a trig is hit you won’t hear the attack phase.[/quote]
Petur, you’re indeed correct about this. What baffles me is that the attack, hold and decay were only effective from about 0-10 on the rimshot I was using. Doesn’t really make any sense. [/quote]
I bet it would make more sense if you add a looping sample to your rimshot track.

hmmm, maybe that is when I’m getting lock ups…I haven’t tried to narrow it down…but I have been using that shortcut (carried over from A4)

download files keyword analog ryrm;

cStabs03: 20 seconds/ 40 samples. 40 divided by 120 equals 3 so…
every three seconds there’s a new sample. this almost works well but for some reason, in chromatic mode, the highest bank gives an awful drone and this problem seems to connected to filter somehow.

i’ve been having problems calibrating the AR in the past couple of days (see this post)
it gets stuck on the calibration of the synths and has to be switched off and on again. things will work normally though but i can’t finish the calibration routine

Hmm, if you are going to calibrate, it is recommended that the unit is warm - meaning that it has been running for 2 hours!

1 Like

Classic Rim Shot balance is inverted. Left is 2 Right is 1. Dropped them a line, cheers

1 Like

Hmm, if you are going to calibrate, it is recommended that the unit is warm - meaning that it has been running for 2 hours![/quote]
yep, the AR had been on well more than a couple of hours both times i tried to calibrate it. at first i thought it was normal that it was taking a long time then realized it wasn’t. the weird thing about it is that there’re no sounds coming from the AR when it’s calibrating :confused:
should i try a factory/empty reset?

Chromatic mode does not use aftertouch… A rather big ommision…

Unable to delete sample files from +drive (some, not all).

hey guys.
I have the AR for 4 weeks now and something’s strange with my machine.
When I played in the club the first time with it everything was alright.
The second time there was no output (the DJ mixer got a signal because when I plugged the wires in you can see the peak on the mixer).
But no signal when playing, not from the headphone out, not from the master or individual outs.
After turning off and on a couple of times suddenly it worked…really annoying.
Then after a few days at the next gig, I had the same problems.
It’s annoying as hell if you have to prepare for a gig, place your equipment just before to start and then it’s not working for at least 10min.
I only had this in clubs, now I had the same problem at home too.
Factory reset didn’t help. So I backupped my project, made a complete reset, firmware update again and recovered my project.
Didn’t work… then (I didn’t turn it off) suddenly there was output.

I don’t get it… should I send it to Elektron for warranty?

thanks

It has to be a relative value because it might be added/subtracted from a p-locked value. [/quote]
i believe some end users don’t need/want to know whether the value has been added/subtracted from a p-locked parameter…i’m more interested in knowing what the final value will be rather than that. the UI could be showing anything whilst the code is doing the maths on the background so i don’t see why this couldn’t be done so that i, and i believe other users as well, can actually see what they’re dialing in rather than +/- values which don’t tell much and leave you with just a guess…
how does it work for you? do you always know what the final value of a parameter will be once the pad is fully pressed or you just use your ears? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It has to be a relative value because it might be added/subtracted from a p-locked value. [/quote]
i believe some end users don’t need/want to know whether the value has been added/subtracted from a p-locked parameter…i’m more interested in knowing what the final value will be rather than that. the UI could be showing anything whilst the code is doing the maths on the background so i don’t see why this couldn’t be done so that i, and i believe other users as well, can actually see what they’re dialing in rather than +/- values which don’t tell much and leave you with just a guess…
how does it work for you? do you always know what the final value of a parameter will be once the pad is fully pressed or you just use your ears? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: [/quote]
Yeah it’s not very transparent this way, that’s for sure. But the way it works now, there is no fixed end value. A performance pad just adds / subtracts from the currently played trigger value, which can be p-locked for instance. If a performance pad would always end in the value you dial in, then yeah they probably would have shown that.

A bug with the BT.

With the vanilla BT sound, go into chromatic mode and play some of the high yellow notes. I get this feedback endless tone. This happens even if I switch OFF the synth engine (and sample engine).

No idea what it is, but makes the BT no good for higher tones.

when slaved to external clock, muting/unmuting and/or choosing between editing paramaters causes delay to briefly go out of sync and samples to go out of tune. this also happens on the AK and A4.

this might explain the ‘analogue tape effect’ I get sometimes!!
ahh analogue… :smiley:

this might explain the ‘analogue tape effect’ I get sometimes!!
ahh analogue… :D[/quote]
sadly, i think this is a problem with the rock solid nature of digital lol, at least the digital parts of the AR/AK/A4

This is a known issue that will be fixed in the upcoming update. This issue was introduced recently. It occurs if you have changed the external BPM after the machine has been booted. A cumbersome workaround is to re-boot the machine after the new BPM has been set.

Olle
Elektron

1 Like

This is a known issue that will be fixed in the upcoming update. This issue was introduced recently. It occurs if you have changed the external BPM after the machine has been booted. A cumbersome workaround is to re-boot the machine after the new BPM has been set.

Olle
Elektron[/quote]
Olle,
that is not exactly what i have been experiencing; i can boot the machine (and everything else) up with the same bpm as it was the day before and i still get the issue.