AR Bugs thread

It has to be a relative value because it might be added/subtracted from a p-locked value. [/quote]
i believe some end users don’t need/want to know whether the value has been added/subtracted from a p-locked parameter…i’m more interested in knowing what the final value will be rather than that. the UI could be showing anything whilst the code is doing the maths on the background so i don’t see why this couldn’t be done so that i, and i believe other users as well, can actually see what they’re dialing in rather than +/- values which don’t tell much and leave you with just a guess…
how does it work for you? do you always know what the final value of a parameter will be once the pad is fully pressed or you just use your ears? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It has to be a relative value because it might be added/subtracted from a p-locked value. [/quote]
i believe some end users don’t need/want to know whether the value has been added/subtracted from a p-locked parameter…i’m more interested in knowing what the final value will be rather than that. the UI could be showing anything whilst the code is doing the maths on the background so i don’t see why this couldn’t be done so that i, and i believe other users as well, can actually see what they’re dialing in rather than +/- values which don’t tell much and leave you with just a guess…
how does it work for you? do you always know what the final value of a parameter will be once the pad is fully pressed or you just use your ears? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: [/quote]
Yeah it’s not very transparent this way, that’s for sure. But the way it works now, there is no fixed end value. A performance pad just adds / subtracts from the currently played trigger value, which can be p-locked for instance. If a performance pad would always end in the value you dial in, then yeah they probably would have shown that.

A bug with the BT.

With the vanilla BT sound, go into chromatic mode and play some of the high yellow notes. I get this feedback endless tone. This happens even if I switch OFF the synth engine (and sample engine).

No idea what it is, but makes the BT no good for higher tones.

when slaved to external clock, muting/unmuting and/or choosing between editing paramaters causes delay to briefly go out of sync and samples to go out of tune. this also happens on the AK and A4.

this might explain the ‘analogue tape effect’ I get sometimes!!
ahh analogue… :smiley:

this might explain the ‘analogue tape effect’ I get sometimes!!
ahh analogue… :D[/quote]
sadly, i think this is a problem with the rock solid nature of digital lol, at least the digital parts of the AR/AK/A4

This is a known issue that will be fixed in the upcoming update. This issue was introduced recently. It occurs if you have changed the external BPM after the machine has been booted. A cumbersome workaround is to re-boot the machine after the new BPM has been set.

Olle
Elektron

1 Like

This is a known issue that will be fixed in the upcoming update. This issue was introduced recently. It occurs if you have changed the external BPM after the machine has been booted. A cumbersome workaround is to re-boot the machine after the new BPM has been set.

Olle
Elektron[/quote]
Olle,
that is not exactly what i have been experiencing; i can boot the machine (and everything else) up with the same bpm as it was the day before and i still get the issue.

Pasting a Performance Lock across buttons causes MIDI Ext lock to fail, and the Paste to fail.

OS 1.02D was released today and addresses some bugs:

Bug Fixes

When running on external sync, some delay modulation artifacts could sometimes be heard when changing page or track. Regression in 1.02. Fixed.

Some SDS sample transfer bugs have been fixed.

Certain Global Settings (like Track Routing) were not properly restored after boot. Fixed

Song mutes did not affect the last sequencer step correctly. Fixed.

Certain Grid Record functions (like held down steps and held down notes) could get stuck when changing to menus where GRID RECORD mode is not available (like Scale Setup or Sound Browser). Fixed.

If RECORD mode was changed inside the SOUND BROWSER, the Sound Preview would stop working until a new sound had been selected. Fixed.

1 Like

wooohooo! :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :+1:

I’m experiencing RYTM freezes after clicking YES on the “Sound Manager” menu.
Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Not really the update I was hoping for to be honest. Hope they are still working on some more machines.

well, it’s just a minor update.

Reliable sample upload speeds of around 42 KBytes/sec are now possible with custom software (~3x faster than previous releases). Still no out-of-order packet sends, though… @Elektron: maybe update C6 ?

Installed 1.02D last night and looks like the Direct Jump Bug is still there. You still can’t reliably jump from one pattern to the other midstream without it getting confused occasionally. Hoping the next update sorts that out because I’d love to start using it while recording.

Haven’t had time to install the update, but this is not good news.
I would have hoped that I could start using the AR live, but apparently not.
Anyone at Elektron care to give us an idea on when this will be fixed. The problem has been acknowledged and reproduced by HQ, now it just need to be fixed.

I’m going to do some more testing. They did say they were working on it in a ticket response, maybe it just didn’t make this round.

1 Like

I’m noticing that after setting more than 5 pads with Performance mode, any more pad set will not “record” any more changes.

I have tried to reboot and still the same issue happens.
I’ll set the 6th pad and start tweaking and it will only “record” one parameter change then will only move any more changes to any other parameter by a few plus or minus values and not record it. It’s like the Performance mode has some sort of limit on how many parameters it can record globally.

I tried the “empty reset” using the Function/turn-on feature and that seems to unstick whatever was stuck. But that gets old when trying to build up a song and performance pads.

Anyone else seeing this??

I would try this evening when back from work. :wink:

From page 23 in the manual.
“A total of 48 different parameters may be locked to any of the 12 performance macros, in any combination, for
each kit. For example, 48 parameter locks may be used for a single macro, two macros may use 24 parameter
locks each, four macros may use, say, 2, 4, 10 and 32 parameter locks, and so on.”

1 Like