AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

Maybe it’s a dumb idea but it could be nice to have a mode for selecting patterns with the pads

Oh man I should’ve read more closely about the AR only sending “fixed” CC data. I found out the hard way just now that it doesn’t send CCs for the p-locked parameters, so there goes my chord machine dream…and…

Feature request that might be here already: please send the p-locked CCs!

Not very useful without dedicated midi tracks imho. You’d have to search if a CC on the Rytm matches the parameter you’d want to control on another device or use a midi processor.
You’d still be using parameters on a drum machine to sequence another device, so either you’d be producing questionable noises or you’d have to mute the track.

Might be useful to sequence software with midi learn capabilities, but again, it’s a drum machine.

Maybe more useful on the A4/AK with it’s CV track, but probaply not much hope for smt like this actually happening. Elektron has their midi sequencer capable boxes.

Yes but none of their “midi capable” boxes can do direct jump sequencing, which is why I picked up an AR in the first place. Still super happy with this as a drum machine, and can still take advantage of the direct jump feature for monophonic midi, so there’s that. Still, would love to see a dedicated polyphonic midi machine and/or ability to p-lock CCs, but won’t hold my breath.

1 Like

Well, never say never. Midi sequencing for the Analogs was requested for many years and they eventually did it, albeit only notes.
Still, noone really believed it would ever happen.

You can do it sorta on the OT with a midi processor:

And the cv track on the A4/AK could spit out a few midi cc with a cv to midi converter…

Cheers.

2 Likes

ability to work with lower sampling rates/bith depth inside the AR. 64mb ram is limiting, esp when working with sample chains. bunch of shit i want to throw in the AR at 12bit/22khz

another gentle bump for 2nd lfo + 2nd filter page with digital base/width filter (or 1 band eq)

7 Likes

Rytm MK2 is my favourite drum machine of all time. With a little bit of post-processing it’s punchy as hell, I can’t sell it! But I really miss these features:

1. Square wave VCO. I really want to create industrial DFAM style drum sequences with Rytm and I need a square wave for that. Even the Syntakt has a square wave, come on Electron, you can do it
  2. Midi machine. Too bad we can’t send midi CC from the Rytm’s sequencer to external devices. Even Syntakt has this feature, but the flagship doesn’t. Weird
  3. Second LFO. Classic request
11 Likes

The cowbell consists of two detunable square waves and the DCVO can do square approximations, but I usually just load a single cycle square wave. The detune on the cowbell machines (I usually use the CB Classic) is pretty unique sounding and can get pretty crazy through a huge dystopian reverb like the Blackhole. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I also use single cycles as a workaround, but in this case we have limitations with the amount of pitch modulation, which is pretty critical for creating snappy pitch envelopes. Dual VCO sounds killer, but a real square wave is still my dream

There´s one thing that could greatly improve all Elektrons; Give them the ability to paste a pattern onto a different pattern than the one that´s currently playing and edit it.

Basically it would be possible to select any pattern for editing without changing to that pattern for actual playback and it would be possible to copy a pattern and paste to another one without having to change to that pattern first.

I anyone else would like to have this on their favourite Elektrons, why not drop them a message feature-request@elektron.se ?

Edited

2 Likes

Save P lock as sound, SRR, and the upgrades from the digi boxes would make the AR a mostly perfect device to me.
Edit: oh yeah, and a mixer page…

3 Likes

Why is this important / limiting? Genuinly curious.

Couldn’t you work in reverse there: Copy the pattern to a new slot (or multiple slots) fuck it up then save?

1 Like

Lol, sorry, I left out the vital part. No idea where those words went… I wanted to say “the ability to paste a pattern onto a different pattern than the one that´s currently playing and edit that pattern.”
Basically it would be possible to select any pattern for editing without changing to that pattern for actual playback and it would be possible to copy a pattern and paste to another one without having to change to that pattern first.

If they won’t/can’t bring that to the current line of Elektrons, maybe they’ll bring it in a future Elektron box.

1 Like

Makes me wonder when they’ll announce analog MKiii’s. Especially if no update is announced in the near future.

I’m sure there’s another update coming.

Dope. What makes you think that? I’d almost prefer updated hardware at this point instead of having to beg for updates.

The statement is more aspirational than anything.
I can’t afford new hardware. I bought one when they released the black version, so somewhat new to the party. One of the big reasons I chose an Elektron box was because of their outstanding record of support on their older products.
Cheers.

2 Likes

…then you´d have one of the best drum machines, that has been refined over many years and is loved by many many users. :slight_smile:

Yeah man, that’s how it goes.

Hopefully they’re able to tease a new hardware push ahead of time so people don’t find themselves in that scenario.

1 Like