AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

Really enjoying the mutes per line in song mode on the DT, would be a gem on the analog flagships.

My current list.

1.Mutes per line from the DT song mode
2.Digital filter on the digial samples
3.2nd Lfo
4.Being able to plock scenes and performances using the FX track sequencer
5.auto slice of samples

4 Likes

I’ve started using Sample Chains on the AR mk1 and it would be great that,

• after setting the start and end of the sample
  • pushing down on the ‘start’ knob, it is able to make increments to the next sample chain
  1. setting the sample to start 0, end 20, (without any trigs)
  2. put down 1st trig,
  3. copy 1st trig, pasting to 2nd trig,
  4. on 2nd trig, will make an increment of 20 (or whatever value is set) i.e start 20, end 40, or start 40, end 60, and so on…
3 Likes

I can see it’s already been asked here but going to elaborate on it some more: synced RTRG, it’s a really cool thing to have the RTRG but when using the AR with Overbridge or even audio interface to ableton (or standalone apps) you will have some latency it’s impossible to hit it on time, would be nice if there was a way to make it snap to the tempo!

2 Likes

Request!
Performance-based trig conditions.
or, the Ability to alter trig conditions per track via performance (or scene) assignments.

Example:
Dual VCO assigned to track 3,
16 big red trigs,
Assign performance pad 3 to gradually decrease the trig probability to ~59%.

This would allow for even greater variation inside a single pattern. I’ve requested a similar feature for the Ocatrack (scene-based trig conditions). As much as I love our holy trig conditions, they are in many ways, quite static once assigned.

6 Likes

midi feature requests:
velocity off/on toggle for midi notes out (maybe this is possible already!?)
midi note preview (trig + yes)
midi vel as LFO destination
midi note retrig (is this precluded cos high speeds might crash gear?)

I’ve been requesting this forever…and was about to give up for the reason you mentioned. It may cause crashes. BUT, the polyend tracker does it very well…so it’s possible.

And with that…I second @waftlord ‘s request, once again, for all boxes. MIDI Retrig please :slight_smile:

whenever my analog rytm/4 is feeling neglected (by their makers, not their owner) I play those mother fu**ers all day and make them sing their blues. I love these boxes, but really, watching the newer cheaper units get stuffed full of features is unsettling to me. It feels at times I paid more and received less. That said, the limitations force workarounds, resampling, and experimentation. I won’t be selling my Rytm2 for a syntakt any time soon, so help me synth god.

4 Likes

Scales and one more LFO please! Thank you!

2 Likes

I always take consolation in the fact that Rytm and A4 can do so many things the smaller boxes can’t. I’d love more features, but also don’t feel necessarily entitled to updates, personally. No telling what the future will bring, either.

Still wished for the digital filters like the Digitakt especially to cut out some low end. And a nicer sample editor for trimming once the sample is in the memory.

Pretty please with sugar on top.

3 Likes

It’s been said before…. Many times over many years… Multi Map

2 Likes

If possible i’d love to see a Key Follow function for the filter. So that you can dial out the oscillator volume and make the filter resonance self-oscillate and then play that (chromatically).
I’ve partially gotten this to work with the help of the LFO and the Impulse, but it would be lovely to have full control over it.

3 Likes

Two things I’m missing:

• LFO page interface from the digi’s
  • chromatic plocking ie being able to bind notes to sample start (and other params) rather than only pitch.

Hi. Hoping someone can confirm my understanding, which could sort of be read as a feature request that I’m sure has been asked (also didn’t want to start an entire thread)

The AR can only send monophonic MIDI note using an existing machine, correct? In other words you’re basically just sending MIDI note + velocity from an existing machine - there is no actual MIDI machine, right? In other words external MIDI sequencing is really just a byproduct of the as-is internal sequencing - you just decide if it’s being sent out or not, yeah?

This is really bumming me out because I was about to pull the trigger on an AR because other than A4 it’s the only Elektron box that can do direct jump AFAIK, which for me is a huge artistic need. I saw that it can do MIDI and heard that it can’t do CC, thought about it, and realized that that’s a sacrifice I can totally live with. But the mono MIDI…that hurts as it means there is absolutely no way I can use an Elektron product and be able to direct jump + sequence a couple polysynths and keep things in sync in a performance.

BTW: I tried to see what’s new on the AR in hopes that maybe stuff has been added since what I’ve discovered online, but the release notes link is broken (as it is on at least another product page - ahem good people at Elektron)

Correct.

The pads and knobs can send cc’s iirc, ive used the rtym to sequence monosynths, you give up a track but the knobs can send (fixed) cc data.

The midi notes out in the rytm was added long after release, its useful but wasnt a core part of the machines feature set

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I did not know the knobs sent fixed CCs. Certainly opens up some possibilities, like mapping the CCs to additional note ons via Midihub (a device I learned about here shout out to sezare56 :vulcan_salute:). Going to spend some time trying to figure out how to make this kind of awkward chord sequencing performative and dynamic.

You can do it but uh its a bit of a ballache. I played around with using dvco machines as a polysynth, i ended up using an external midi controller (ec4 for the knobs) and ableton with my midi kb for managing the voice allocation.

For example if i tweak env amount on voice 1 i need to go and tweak it on voice 2 and 3 as well. I tried using sounds to save the machine params but a saved sound is independent from the per voice machine parameter settings (stored in the pattern kit) unless you reload the sound on each voice.

It did work but it felt overly elaborate and was a bit of pain to get setup and and work with.

Just doing straight sequencing would be easier (cause u dont have to worry about the machine params per voice) but I feel like using the rytm for polyphonic sequencing - theres just going to be so many little gotchas you really have to look at if its worth the hassle vs just using something designed for poly sequencing. If you had like 3 voices sending midi on the same channel, results could vary synth to synth, could be fine though.

Maybe something like the toiraz squid which seems like it would do everything you want (unsure if it has direct jump but id assume so). I’m sure theres an ios app that would do what you want as well.

This was using dvco as a synth for chord stabs, i mapped the dvco params to performance pads for the 3 voices then used cc’s from the ipad to control the perfs

4 Likes

Totally get it. The 3 x machine = chord approach yeah, lots of work. I’ve done similar with 3 x channels on samplers but never had it all mapped like that. Well done.

And yeah, my idea is a ballache. I’ve done it before in different applications to varying degrees of success though. The pain is all in the initial set up but with that down should be pretty fun. For good measure I’ve opened a thread in midihub forum about it:

Re: more purpose driven sequencer like Squid. I think at this point I’d be better off with a Hapax, but in the end I’m still going to use an Elektron device for drums and samples. Leaning towards an AR because again, no direct jump on Octatrack. But then this opens up another problem: sequencing an Elektron devices from an external sequencer - haven’t been able to convince myself that this is a good idea. Sounds like a horrible experience, so the next conclusion is just use the two sequencers separately. Haven’t ruled that out yet…but y’know…complexity and all that.

Best option of course - just give us direct jump on the other products please! Or add a proper midi machine to the AR, Elektron! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah I wasnt aware the AR was the only one with direct jump, I thought it was common to all of them.

I coulda sworn the octatrack had something like that, it would do polyphonic sequencing nicely too.

Synced retrigs please!!!