AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

Make it completely generic while you’re at it, like 16 levels on the MPCs, just on steroids, meaning not restricted to just one parameter. Have 16 different p lock configurations for one track across all the pads. Instant mayhem!

2 Likes

I think there’s a set memory for plocks though, I know I’ve gotten the error that the P-Lock memory was full.

Resample into pool

It would be really cool to have the ability add a still-hot recorded sample straight to the sample pool. It could come immediately after the option to assign to a drumpad.
As a bonus, user might scroll to the desired slot or just confirm with yes for first empty.
Overwriting would be really useful here with a prompt if you’re sure.

Relevant to digitakt as well, and as resource-cheap as it gets. Still, very useful for soundlocks and so would fantastically improve workflow for creating a battery of re-samples, especially when resampling one at a time, in the middle of a performance.
Record sample
assing to pool
in step sequencer, mute a step, dial in the sample, and one midi channel could be dedicated just to this.
Trigger by unmuting when moment comes.

6 Likes

It’d be cool to be able to Stereo-lock channels to have the engines and trigs match. We can copy and paste yes, but if I want to work on a stereo voice, it’s a buzz kill to have to keep copy and passing each thing as my iterative approach is disrupted.
Another cool feature would be a signal flow mode, where you could flow one channel’s signal into another channel’s input.

Both of these items are possible with overbridge, but it’d be super slick to be able to do it on the fly. 1)Super wide stereo synth voices (could even cheat stereo samples this way as well!!) 2) taking sound design into a new level through signal flow daisy chaining; especially with mk2 self sampling! 3) Using the RYTM ad a filter bank…!

1 Like

** Undo restore **
Something already very useful reload original sound, kit, pattern, track could be further enhanced.
The same key combination pressed again could restore the modified settings. Thus, you are in a middle fo a performance, have departed from original sounds, modded some track content and automation, and can readily restore the original settings. It would be perfect to be able to flip back again to the changed settings :slight_smile:

Since the undo is possible resource-wise, so must be redo - ‘just’ a matter of implementing.

If after restore anything gets tweaked (per track/sound/kit/pattern), naturally the baseline would be the original settings. Adds a bit if uncertainty, but as long as you are happy with the original settings and you knew what you were doing while tweaking, this would be really cool - something like Oktatrack’s acclaimed crossfader, although binary. Applicable to every Elektron that plays sounds, including Oktatrack.

1 Like

I would like an offset / delay parameter so the analog sound start / sample start could be offset from each other… no idea if it is possible but would like it.

3 Likes

You could offset sample as a workaround but it would take some planning. If you record a sample with some silence at the beginning, you could vary/automate sample start to that result.

Something like the pre-ADSR - equivalent of something that is there in revebs and delays - would be a cool feature, especially for such coupled sound generators.

I think you can get swing per track by removing the yellow trigs that determine how the swing is applied on each track. I’ve done exactly that on my kick track to ensure the kicks are straight when my hats or percussion have some movement.

I’ve had my Rytm for years and always thought it was global.
I’ll experiment tonight, Thank-you!!

No, the swing triggers are on a per track basis. :grin:

Ooh imagine if you have a track where you aren’t using the filter envelope - and you could assign that envelope to something else!

• Envelope modulation source
5 Likes

Filter page 2 with envelope delay and alternate envelope destination would be fine in place of or in addition to a second lfo

2 Likes

I also really hope they make the external inputs usable. Right now it isn’t audible so I can’t use the compressor for other gear. It would be cool if they can fix that. My A4’s external inputs sound good… and have a way to adjust the volume. But as of now, I am not sure why Rytm even has them if they don’t work. maybe this is in the works with a future update

2 Likes

You nailed it. The Rytm has the compressor but no way to adjust volume on the inputs. The A4 has volume adjustment on the inputs but no compressor. It’s maddening.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking more and more about a way elektron could improve the sampling engine, and I think the most ideal solution would be to add a second page to the sample menu.

Right now toggling to the second screen on the sample page just changes the visuals, the parameters are the same, so this is quite useless.

IMO they should make the waveform view the first page, and then add a second page containing some new parameters, like:

• a base-width filter for the samples only
  • samplerate reduction
  • playback: normal, reverse, pingpong etc.

My main wish is still samplestart and endpoint finetuning though…

19 Likes

Agreed! Especially since you got sample as well as drum, the more modulation destinations the merrier

Great suggestion for a implementing the baseband filter. That and please Elektron, bring back the damn GR meter for the compressor… It’s really unusable without it!

That being said the silence of the analog is kinda frightening…

1 Like

It is already possible to play samples in reverse on the Rytm by swapping the positions of the locators, buttons e and f. Or do you mean playback of trigs in reverse?

1 Like

Wait, what?!? Are you saying you can’t monitor the external input’s volume?? Why would they do that?? I was planning to use the AR comp with other drum machines once the re enable the GR meter… This opens another can of worms🥫🪱

I know, but I’d rather have it the way start/end works on the digitakt, with length and playback settings, and more parameter resolution. This allows for more granular stuff.

4 Likes