AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

Yeah the low sample start point res issue needs sorting asap.

3 Likes

Yeahhh it is unfortunate. Everything that comes in the Rytm’s external inputs feels a little too quiet and easily lost in the mix.

You could solve this by having a mixer or something else to adjust gain before your external stuff hits the Rytm (e.g. I’ve sent the A4 through Analog Heat before going into the Rytm’s external inputs, the Heat is overkill for simple preamp duties but it works).

Or you can mix your Rytm track levels relative to your external signal. This generally means bringing everything on the Rytm down quite a bit, which to me is a burden for sound design and overall workflow on the Rytm (I want to be able to boost the drive and other parameters without worrying about burying my external signal).

Fingers crossed we get it in an update!

1 Like

I hope we get an update soon. I love this machine but it’s starting to get used less and less for me now that I have an SP-16.

This machine needs to let us play 12 samples (i understand 8 drum synths limit) at the same time with no choke, and have sample slicing. Extra LFO’s would be nice too.

6 Likes

Some sample rate reduction would be really fun on the samples.

It looks like we’re are both at the bargaining stage of feature requests.

“Alright elektron, I know we won’t get a base width across the board but what if you could just give it to us on the digital sample engine pre filter?”

One of my main wishes lately is some kind of scale folding like the digis got. Man those wonderful pads are just waiting for some scale update so we can bang out basses and leads in key.

Throw in note number modulation for the filter and I’d be real happy.

7 Likes

There is a hipass and lowpass on the noise gen, not sure if that’s a filter though? Not sure about how this stuff works nor the actual circuitry. But that could maybe be shared somehow, if synth is turned off maybe.

The noise is digital so yes there’s a filter, but a digital one

1 Like

Digital better than nothin!

2 Likes

Solo in Performance and Scenes
Performance especially is an amazing functionality in many respects, and it would be even better if without interfering with ongoing performing it is possible to juggle with which channels play. Granted, mute menu is separate but there is a possible workaround if users agreed Retrigger button is not really needed in Performance/Scenes menu. I think it is obsolete, but please correct me if that is inaccurate.

If Retrigger button functions as it does in Mute menu, that is it solos midi channels, performances might begin and end with soloing a channel or several (Performance Menu, Retrig pressed), any performance tweaks can be done (Retrig released) alternating changes to the solo status (Retrig pressed).

As a result you will be able to do what anyone would love to do I think, that is add or remove parts playing with absolutely minimum interference with tweaking even several parameters at a time.
The way it can be done now is by switching between Performance and Mute, but if Retrig is currently finding no real use in Performance menu, this could be done by toggling. Ideally, with the pad lights responding accordingly.

I wonder what performers think.

2 Likes

I would still hope the Hihat engine could be improved with a better modell, also violett noise would be a welcome addition.

4 Likes

Word. And while they are at it, I hope they’ll rework the snare engine too. It’s the weakest by far in my opinion.

With that said, I’m starting to feel a little uneasy about this. Feels like the AR reached the end of the road with firmware updates.

I hope I’m wrong…

2 Likes

The last major update was 2 years ago… I really hope they have something coming this year. They should add at least the DT sampler functionality to the AR, right now I feel like the flagship model is way underpowered compared to its little brothers (DT, ST).

9 Likes

This year, meaning in the next 50 or so days ? They have just dropped a huge update for the digis, don’t you think they will wait a little bit more ?

1 Like

Probably get a FW update around February? Post holiday gift/extra money buying, looking to increase sales during a slump type approach. Snowed in winter need a groovebox for company vibe. Bring sampler up to par with DT, 2nd LFO, and other feature parities (maybe scales and other.)

the hats are really maddening that you’re scared if it’s even good for the track to use them. please electron, edit this again.

The rattletrap costs 1600 euros here now. so please electron.

• Sample slicing: I know this is a key feature of the Octatrack, but it’s maddening trying to audition snares/kicks/hats using a sample chain on the Rytm. Takes forever - slicing would be immensely helpful.

• Master Reverb: It would be great having the ability to add a touch of reverb to the master and give the mix a bit of space/air without having to go one track at a time.

• Improved Start/End-Point Sample Resolution:. Having to keep my chains in intervals of 10/20/24/30/40/60/120 to line up with the sample start-points is a bit maddening considering the Digitakt has no such limitation.

• Improved DVCO Bass Machine: Improve the tuning stability of the DVCO engine. It would be great if they could add scales to the chromatic capabilities to help with bass lines.

I realize this is likely a hardware limitation, but for any Rytm MK3 it would be huge to see improved RAM storage for sample memory. Especially when I’m trying to build kits in a template, it feels super limiting.

7 Likes

A Control-All Function on the AR Mk1 would be so good!!

2 Likes

I’d love to be able to parameter-lock audio routing, so that only certain steps will send audio out of the individual outputs. Maybe would require a second page for Trig or Amp settings - like the Digitakt has multiple pages for some settings doesn’t it?

And as per usual I will mention how much I would love brightness adjustment settings, or at least a way to disable the pads flashing every time they trigger, it’s very taxing on my eyes

The flashing pads can get annoying especially in a dark studio, try setting an ambient light on nearby

Big ones:

• Digital filter for samples. Doesnt need to be a fancy one, it doesnt even need resonance. A simple 1 pole HP filter would do it for me, so i can layer sampled kickdrums over analog body.
  • Separate envelope for samples, same reason as above: tools for precise layering .
  • New hihat machine. I dont think the current ones are bad, but they aren’t versatile enough. I end up using samples 90% of the time just to get some more abrupt differences in character.

Would be nice:

• Sequencer modes: Euclidean, ping-pong, random order?
  • Performance mode “2” -> encoders control perf. pads 1 - 8

I like this machine as is, but it could be much better, specially in the sample layering department. Simple tools like filter and envelope would go a long way.

Please Elektron, support this one :slight_smile:

11 Likes

After this Syntakt update with the SY Raw Osc, the RYTM is further losing its place as a flagship. Really hoping Elektron will give at minimum get us to feature parity on the analog sounds, provide a filter for the samples, scale mode, and ideally some better tools for sample chopping.

3 Likes