AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

I’m sure this has been asked countless times but can we please have sensitivity adjustment for the pads? You have to hit it way too hard to have a full hit.

5 Likes

I’d second this and bump my previous ask for a global velocity on/off setting.

1 Like

project sample management! If there is a solution already, please let me know. I can’t find any in the many many many threads about rytm sample management.

It would be great if you can “collect and save” the RAM sample list of a project. This would create a new sample folder with the name of the project and duplicate all 128 samples in order.

So you can backup and restore a project quickly, and also clean up the sample folder on +drive without deleting samples used in projects.

edit: I discovered that sample list is included in the exported sysex, and that sample hierarchy doesn’t matter, so if all samples used in a project are on the + drive, everything should be OK. This makes the whole backup thing better than I thought.
but still, a “collect all and save” function, like in Ableton live would be fantastic

1 Like

The more I use the AR since the introduction of Dual VCO, the more I think it’s the perfect Elektron box. The only thing I want (and I don’t ask for much) is extra LFO’s i.e. press the button again and there’s another page of LFO’s like on the A4

or the possibility to route multiple unused LFO’s to a single sounds like on the MD

14 Likes

CC for the 2 CV inputs similar to what korg did with the minixd. Pretty handy if you could assign the CCs and use it to control other midi gear via midi thru.

Also,
Record pressure to the sequencer while in recording mode, believe it or not (albeit kind of finicky) - this currently works but only when in retrig mode… discovered that in the manual today!

1 Like

To be able to use a Performance macro on Probabilities within the Trig Conditions. For example, take 100% trigs down gradually to 50% when pushing a pad or turning the QPER knob.

6 Likes

+keytracking on the lfo(s)? :pray:

2 Likes

So simple- just want to change the tap tempo so I don’t need to hold “function”.

Just swapping tap tempo with the dial in tempo

Hey furlatron maybe find a small weight or magnet to put on FUNC :grinning: That has been used for a number of hold purposes. I’m quite sure you request will never be implemented.

The retrig function is poorly implemented if you compare it to the octatrack. No slides between retrig values… And is there a reason why it’s retrig length instead of number of repeats? Seems so unintuitive.

1 Like

I imagine the reason for retrig length is that you can actually set the retrig speed on the AR.

Slides within retrig intervals would be nice, though.

1 Like

If they add the sample editing the Digitakt has with .00 decimals I’m going to make the switch

4 Likes

Not sure I understand you. You can set the retrig speed with the octatrack as well, only there you choose how many number of retrigs there will be instead of the length. Can’t really see a situation where length would be better than repeats, unless you somehow need the last trig to not be of full lenght. It just makes the numbers of desired repeats more difficult to dial in.

Ah, you’re talking about retrigs on the synth page. I thought you meant trig count on the microtiming page. Those behave more like AR’s retrigs, since they actually retrigger the amp envelope. Sample retrigs just replay the sample but the amp envelope isn’t retriggered.

Would be cool to be able to map CV input to a perf pad or multiple. Much more modulation possibilities than the default 4 :slight_smile: and a bit more fluent for remapping a pad using the perf mode rather than in the settings!

a jitter free sequencer. CV in for clock plz!

2 Likes

It’d be good if the choke groups only choked the sound that was being triggered. Eg you could have a sample on trk11 and use the synth voice of trk12 and they wouldn’t choke each other. Obv they’d still share filter/amp so its not true 12 voices but would take it close!

2 Likes

Yes, absolutely

Keytracking on the filter would also make kick drum sound design a lot easier. Often it helps to use a slightly resonant peak or HP filter to boost the fundamental of the kick, but as soon as you change the tuning of the synth or sample, you need to readjust the filter cutoff frequency.

I imagine filter keytracking could just be an option in Sound Settings, and I would not believe it if anyone told me that the architecture of the Rytm prevented this feature from being added (as in “the Rytm will never get EQ per track because the signal path is fixed”). The history of firmware changes proves that modulation routings can be reconfigured.

6 Likes

Possibility to override song mutes. So when in song mode, you get a pattern with mutes programmed, you can still play the mutes within that 1 pattern…

And please, CC control for reload kit!!! Same with the A4, DT & DN (FUNC+no) and octatrack (part reload)
It would be great to perform this on multiple Elektron devices at once with 1 midi control. I don’t have enough hands for this, and what makes it worse is that the command is very different on different machines (except for DT & DN).
On AR and AK the command is the same, but the buttons are located opposite from each other. I still hit the button combo in the wrong order because of this…

2 Likes

This was one of the things i was excited about when buying AR recently, what a disappointment it’s not implemented…

1 Like